Is it me? Do I smell bad?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:rofl:

I guess this is just a case of bad timing this month. It's my turn to host the monthly Ladies Night Out tonight with a group of friends I've been getting together with for the past 7 or 8 years... it used to be a 12-person bunco group that's evolved into a 9-person dinner group.

Anyway, I knew three of the gals were out of town this week, but then I got two last-minute cancellations today. So now instead of 8, I'm hosting 3 (although I only got a reply from one of the remaining three... with the way my luck is going, that's all that will show!)

Oh well. At least my house is now reasonably clean.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(sticks head up into the air and inhales a few times) .......Um.....is that Eau de chicken???

I would call 8 down to 3 a victory - No....wait (does air math) 12 down to 9 then to 8......less 5 more down to three?

GENIUS - can I have some of that spray?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah, I s'pose I should consider it a victory... clean house AND more wine and chocolate for me! :tongue: Doesn't get much better than that on a Wednesday night.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yes, it was still a very nice evening :) Except for the glass of red wine I dumped all over my lap while reaching for a bottle to refil my friend's glass... I was quite a sight!

The conversation got interesting when it turned to husbands last night... as it usually does at some point or another with at least one person in the group. But what surprised me is that out of the four of us, I had the least to be unhappy about for the first time. And suddenly these women who always seemed to have the perfect lives are now in the midst of relationship issues with their men. And here I am, after 18 years of problems and mine is finally turning around and things have been going pretty darn well between us for the last few years (thanks to his medications). It felt really ironic.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sometimes groups have a meeting or two with fewer than normal members. It isn't you. Chances are that the others are having problems too. Enjoy the way it highlighted the good things in your life and relationship with your husband. I hope they all work through things and am thrilled that you and husband are in a very good place!

Enjoy a glass of wine for me - I love it and had to give it up mostly. Maybe add it to a roast or to spaghetti sauce or stew? If you have too much open to drink in the next few days pour it into small containers or ice cube trays and freeze it. You can add the frozen wine cubes to dishes you cook later or if you want a glass of wine to be really cold you can use them to chill wine in your glass with-o watering the flavor down. Once they are fully frozen you can store the wine cubes in a ziploc.