is it me or does Spring

Tiapet

Old Hand
In this household it seems to a bit but it's a combination of school year coming to an end and the anticipation and with the ones with bipolar, a mood cycle.

With Ms Queen that might change a little as next year she starts year round so she might not feel the year end change because there will be none.

G

galadriel

Oh yeah. My BiPolar (BP) son is already getting wound up, just today he was talking about having to get a job NOW instead of waiting 'til summer as we had discussed (so he can try and get through 10th grade with some decent grades). He also seems to trend towards making more impulsive/bizarre decisions when the days are longer and warmer! and he's more reluctant to stay at home. Bolting when things get tough (i.e. someone asks him to do his chores, or get off the gaming after X hours) is a lot easier in warm weather.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's a documented physical and psychiatric phenomenom. Not only do some physchiatric illnesses (bipolar being the most obvious) get worse in Spring, but so do some physical illnesses like MS, etc. Spring even effects things like blood counts in people with blood disorders.

My psychiatrist calls this time of year "March Madness"

navineja

And I thought that I was just getting on edge or being overly sensitive to them! I am glad to hear (I guess!) that it is not just mine and that it is not me pms'ing. J has been the worst that we have had from her in months and N had 3 days in a row of temper tantrums last week, like the ones that we haven't seen since December! N has pulled it together this week but J is still on a roll.
Come on, summer!!!!

looking4hope

As a teacher, I can tell you that even non-difficult child kids go nuts this time of year! Trying to teach when hormones are raging and the sun is shining is almost impossible. Luckily, I try to do lots of activities outside so that the kids can get their wiggles out.

As for my difficult child, the wiggles are in full swing! I can't find enough activities to keep him busy right now.

Wiped Out

Staff member
This is a bad time of the year for my difficult child. October is another month that is always horrible for him. Actually for him there are a few months throughout the year that are really difficult.

KTMom91

I substitute teach, and this is the time of year when I stick to the little ones...the bigger ones are way too goofy! The 6th graders are almost in junior high, hot stuff...the 5th graders will rule the school next year...I'm in first grade tomorrow, and I know there will be lots of squirmy worms.

trinityroyal

Spring fever, March madness, call it what you will, but there's definitely something in the air.

difficult child's behaviour tends to deteriorate sharply in the spring. husband is going to visit difficult child at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for the weekend, and if there are any spring fever-isms, I'll hear about them.

Little easy child, normally a pretty even keeled little guy, gets a bit funny at this time of year. His Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) seems to get worse. He's been mouthing and chewing things a lot more, fussing with his hair after baths and pulling off his socks after about 3 minutes.

For that matter, my Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) symptoms and Aspie-ness get WAY worse at this time of year. I'm sitting in the kitchen right now, and the fridge, freezer and lights are all yelling at me in different tones. husband's giant computer chair that's at the kitchen desk feels too hard, and I'm having a hard time contemplating getting into bed because the regular sheets are too scratchy and the flannel ones are too clingy and cloying.

I'm relieved in a way to know that it's not our house. Makes me feel less alone.

Trinity

tammyjh

I don't really notice a difference in difficult child but I know I had a rough spring last yr. and I'm highly irritable now too.....hmmm....

Interesting that it documented to affect some people adversly. Thanks for that little tidbit:D