Is it over yet?

JJJ

Whatever 'this' is, I want it over with..now! If something could go wrong this week, it did. Health insurance, driving issue, money, boys behavior,etc, etc, etc. And my mom got the call this morning that her dear friend of 60 years has slipped into a coma and is not expected to last the weekend (she was diagnosis with cancer in April).

I want to go to bed and wake up when it is all better.

JJJ

Of course it's not over yet!!! One more problem with Eeyore. I'm so aggravated, I can't even get into details. Maybe later. Just needed to vent

:grrr:

Wiped Out

Staff member
JJJ,
I'm sorry this week was so rough and I'm sorry to hear about your mom's friend and will say a prayer. I hope next week is a much better one! Hugs.
(I hope it's o.k. with you that I moved this to wc-it seemed more than just difficult child related.)

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry it has been so rough. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Make time for a break today. Either for you or for someone's arm? (KIDDING!)

flutterby

Fly away!
I told therapist on Thursday that it's been a Murphy's Law week - for me and difficult child 2's mom, as well.

I hope next week is better.

JJJ

So blooming frustrated. Eeyore's social skills are awful. Every time we think he is getting it, he creates a disaster that results in a loss of friends for him, their irate parents, embarrassment for us, and frustration all around. A girl that seemed to be his friend 'pretended' to be another girl and asked him to be her boyfriend. He was on cloud-9 for 2 days until another girl clued him in that it was a joke. His first response was appropriate. He told the girl who pulled the joke that "that was mean. you need to treat me as a human being with feelings. if this is how you treat your friends, i don't want to be one.". I told him to not text/call her for a day to let her have time to think about her behavior. He proceeded to call and text her to the point that she asked him repeatedly to stop. I finally found out what was going on and blocked them from being able to call/text each other. Course, they may just go through others but I put more restrictions on his phone and he knows that I can and will block him from being able to call all but 4 friends if he can't handle it. He was so angry but I'm not sure whohe was angriest at -- me, the girl or himself.

Eeyore and Tigger were a little wild yesterday at the cancer fundraiser. Nothing more than the other children were doing -- just louder and mroe noticable cause they are 11(looks older) and 14 and the kids they were playing with were 8-10. It made me realize how much Eeyore riles up Tigger as I have taken Tigger and Piglet to numerous of these type of events over the last 6 months with little problem.

The problem with Eeyore is he is too old to put in daycare, we can't find a sitter for him, and if we have to take him with, we usually end up regretting it. But there is no way we could leave him home alone either!

Don't get me wrong -- there are times when he is a joy and a great help. He is definitely not Kanga! His tendancies toward violence have decreased steadily and now he only is an occassional danger to his own stuff.

I don't know if it is good or bad that I've already moved past angry and am trying to develop a new plan to teach the social skills I thought he had mastered but clearly needs more direct instruction.

I'm trying to address one problem at a time. I'll let you know if I can defeat Murphy and have tomorrow start a good week (hey, summer school starts Monday!!)

JJJ

Well, husband was at the fundraiser today for 5 hours and no one said anything more to him about the boys so I hope that situation is over. I hate how if I let them run around with the other kids and something happens, they always get blamed. A combination of standing out and not having the sense the other kids have to either stop when directed by an adult or to scatter when an adult comes over. Having a 14-year old who acts like he is in preschool is so embarassing.