Is it PMS or difficult child-ness??

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child stopped by my office this afternoon and said that our computer at home is not working so she wanted to use the one here. Fine.

She's been real quiet and when she finally came into my actual office she was complaining that she had to work tonight and she's p!ssed because monkeyboy wanted to take her out to dinner (convenient how he chooses the ONE night she has to work, isn't it?). So I suggest tomorrow night and she mumbles something about how it would be nice to go tonight. I said, "Well, it isn't like you both didn't know all week that you had to work tonight, so make it tomorrow night." And she screamed, muffled a bit because she was lying on my office floor trying to nap, "Just don't talk to me...you don't understand anyway." I asked her what was up...she got up and said, "Just leave me the F alone!" and laid back down. I told her she needed to leave if she was going to be rude to me. She got up crying and left.

So, her period is due next Tuesday, she has skipped two days of medications....is it PMS or difficult child? Haha - it doesn't really matter, I just thought how rotten it is that with a female difficult child, it's so hard to distinguisj between the two! :tongue:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have PMDD - (do a google search) PreMen Dysphoric Disorder

I'm better with knowing when my mouth is going to blow - but I'm still a crab.

And as far as the ugly words - yeah - well that can be controlled I could be likened to Atilla the Hun with a toothache and still wouldn't ever disrespect my Mom.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have PMDD too. I hide out in easy child's room when it gets bad. Last month I lost days from work because of it. I take a bunch of supplements and pain medications to help it.

difficult child does not have PMDD. She's just got too many things going at once I think. It's one part PMS, one part boyfriend-itis and two parts difficult child.

I hate the thought of her at work feeling like dung. I was going to put a little gas in her car and give her $5 for food at her breaktime.

:peaceful:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jo

You're probably dealing with a combo.

My girls are both crabbier than crabs right before they start. Never, ever would they think to talk to me like that. They might think it, but it never comes out of the mouth. lol

Hugs

M

ML

You're a great mom! Your idea of putting gas in her car is so sweet. Gfgness and hormones are a deadly combo. Hang in there! ML

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
All I can say is when it's time for difficult child to pms I hide for a week until it's over:mad:. It's usually an entire week of verbal vomit:furious:. It doesn't matter what I say or how I handle it - it's going to turn out badly. It's very frustrating and depressing.
PMS =
Punish Mom Some more,
Putrid Manial Speach !!!
Pack My Suitcase
Pardon My Stupidity
Pass My Shotgun
Psychotic Mood Shift
Potential Murder Suspect
Perpetual Munching Spree

Gotta laugh in life or your spend all your time crying
Sorry about the episode - now strap on that armour and get in the game!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dara

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jo -

I hope you are having a better night - daughter too. Just thinking about you both.

I am also reading a new book about vitamins and such in dealing with PMDD - and seems vitamin B is needed in mega doses for a month and then 2x a day in much smaller doses - but it eliminates almost ALL signs - I'm game -

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child basically sobbed through her entire day, through her time at work, etc. But tonight when I saw her after work she seemed much better. She did get teary-eyed, but she was happier.

I made this connection: My nephew, who works with me, and I went out to lunch today and guess what? He was maniacally raging...on his way home after dropping me off, he got into an accident. He was crazy and I even had to help him refocus and get back to the present several times. He was most definitely cycling.

So, maybe it was an astronomical thing....anyone else's difficult child seem completely out of sorts TODAY?

I'm fine. I'm going to bed now. I can't wait to hit the library tomorrow and get some new books.

ciao~

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, this might not make you feel better. Both my difficult children have been doing wonderfully the past few days. And Nichole just began that Time.

However, come to think about it, I've noticed the Time not being anywhere near as bad as it was when Nichole was on the BC shot or the pill. Since the IUD she is positively mellow in comparison. (a nice change)

Star there just may be something to the vit B thing. First thing I noticed when I started on them for my anemia was my severe PMS symptoms improved greatly. I told the doctor it was a nice side-effect. lol However, since the lovely Time hasn't come around since July of last year, and was barely there even then......Me thinks it's not going to be an issue anymore. (YEA! lol)

Hope tomorrow is a much better day Jo.

Hugs

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, I was off. difficult child and I are due for our periods the same week, and it's not THIS coming week, it's the last week of February, so more like another 10 days or so for me, and another 12-13 days for her. So, that kinda sorta rules out PMS.

I think diet and her overall poor state of health is the issue (oh yeah, and missing her medications for 2 days). She doesn't eat right and doesn't take any supplements at all. We talked about this last night.

I can buy the supplements, but she won't take them. It's almost as if she won't take them to spite ME. Duh!

So, yeah, diet. That's it. Thanks ladies.

witzend

I have total PMDD. I can just be unbearable at that time of the month. I can't even stand myself. Not to mention the disabling cramps and diarrhea.

So, there is this show on BBC America called "You are what you eat." A nutritionist goes into people's homes and makes them change their eating habits. She's just ruthless. She follows people around for a week, then puts everything they eat on a table and shows them how awful they are doing. She makes them give her a poo sample and tests it. She always says "That was about the worst smelling poo I have ever seen!" Of course, they pick total slobs who are large to be sure, but also just plain slobs.

Anyhooo, one woman called her in about her 20 year old daughter, but they were both huge and out of shape, so the woman did the same treatment on the mom, telling her that she had to cut out the wine and chocolate. Mom kept getting more and more agitated, and saying "Oh, no I can't cut those out! I have PMT!" (As in the Brits call the elevator "the lift", and the trunk of the car "the boot") and we were just laughing at her.

She's got PMT - PreMenstrual Terror! PreMenstrual Tantrum! PreMenstrual Tizzy! PreMenstrual Tyrant!

Jena

hi

i can't even imagine my little difficult child hormonal. i can't handle her now with out that........scarey!!!

gotta hand it to you though good job.

my difficult child has been flying off handle past two days she's not hormonal though........so dont think i can blame anything but her for it.........lol

jenn

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She's got PMT - PreMenstrual Terror! PreMenstrual Tantrum! PreMenstrual Tizzy! PreMenstrual Tyrant!

I just about peed my pants reading this. Thanks for that laugh!

I can't wait to see what my hormone levels are at this month when I have my personal version of PMT!!

Jenn, never underestimate the power of hormones, even in an 8 y/o. After giving our [then] pediatric neurologist difficult child's history of tantrums and the cyclic nature of the [beast], he said, "It's not unusual for girls as young at 7/8 to begin their menstrual cycling well before they start actually menstruating." Our difficult child didn't get her period until she was around 12, which means that she was gearing up for a good 3+ years.

Witz, I want that woman to come into my house. And here I sit thinking, "won't she be impressed at how well we eat", just as difficult child sits down next to me with a String Cheese!!! Hahahah-Well, I should say, I eat well, anyway. And I am not huge. My biggest issue is not getting enough exercise. difficult child is not huge either, though she doesn't eat healthy and she doesn't do any exercise whatsoever, unless you count driving/sleeping.

witzend

difficult child is not huge either, though she doesn't eat healthy and she doesn't do any exercise whatsoever, unless you count driving/sleeping.

Wow, I'm good at the sleeping/driving exercise, too! Of course, most of my exercise is the watching television type. I'm really skilled at that!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
difficult child once asked me if there was a job that needed people to sleep. I thought, "Hmmm, maybe as a sleep study type of thing?" but I never voiced that to difficult child - she'd research it. Seriously, since she was 5 she's always been a big sleeper. When her bedtime was 8PM she'd come in around 7 and ask if she could please go to bed now. Hahah~

I swear, I think her bed and heated matress pad is what keeps her coming home...:D