Is it some kind of secret holiday?

F

flutterbee

My neighbors are shooting off bottle rockets. Started last night. Just started up again. Jewel is freaking out and is hiding under my desk.

Of course, this is the house with two, younger (my age or younger) single men. Everything they do is loud.

F

flutterbee

It gets better. I just went outside. They are shooting them off from the roof.

You know, usually alcohol is involved which makes it more dangerous, but explains the stupidity. These guys are idiots all by themselves.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful. NOT

As I've grown older I like fireworks less and less.

Hmmmmm wonder what they'll do if one of their toys sets the roof on fire? sheesh

F

flutterbee

I was watching for one of them to fall off their roof. But then they got down and my entertainment was over for they day. :devil:

While I was outside, another neighbor did say something - I don't know what - but they shot off one more then climbed down (they have one of those old antennas along the side of the house that they climbed to get up there) and proceeded to shoot them off from the ground. You know, right around all the big, old trees full of leaves.

Estherfromjerusalem

I'm not quite sure, but I would hazard this guess: If they are Moslems, then they have just finished the one-month fast of Ramadan (fasting from dawn till dusk every day, then eating in the evening), and there is a three-day festival called Id-el-Fitr. Maybe they are celebrating that?

Love, Esther

witzend

Well, it's the end of Ramadan...

Rosh Hashanah is just finished, and Yom Kippur will start next week...

Or, maybe someone found the stash from last summer that they forgot about!

F

flutterbee

They're not Muslim. Jewish, maybe, can't say.

I'm leaning towards someone found a stash.

F

flutterbee

The girlfriend has been history for several months. They were nice enough to share that argument with the neighborhood.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well,

I have no religious or ethnical comments to make, but I do have bottle rockets and candles of a Roman persuasion being shot off across the street and a pathetic DJ on mike who thinks he can sing songs in a rhyming chorus with a deep base beat about urban life in a culture that stereotypes a race of Americans.....while said fireworks explode.

I rather thought it was an unmentionable celebration with alcohol. :alien:

Can't touch this.....:tongue:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Now that you mention it, I was wondering the same thing last night. Seems that some people in our town have been blasting off fireworks all week. Hmm, interesting.

DammitJanet

Maybe an end of summer fling? I always heard that september was an awful month for hospital ER's because of domestic violence, child abuse, and accidents involving kids and school buses.

donna723

Around here, any time someone would uncover a few leftover fireworks, it would be an occasion to shoot them off! And tradition has it that you must wait until at least 11:00 p.m. to shoot them off ... so you can be assured of annoying as many neighbors as possible!

They only sell them here before the Fourth of July and I doubt if anybody has any left! In fact, most of them buy them two weeks ahead of time, shoot them all off, and then have to go back and buy more for the Fourth!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Donna do you live in my neighborhood....wait can't be your in another state. They have to go across state lines to get them here otherwise what you just described is exactly how it works here too.

beth

Personally I don't care for individual fire works. Let the professionals do it. JMHO