Is the Tiger story...

muttmeister

As far as politicians go, I agree that what they accomplish is much more important than their private lives. I could deal with Bill Clinton's indisgressions because we knew when we elected him that he was a randy sort. What makes me angry is when somebody holds themselves up as a paragon of virtue and then transgresses exactly opposite to what they have said they are. One who voted against all gay legislation was caught up in a gay scandal. I don't care if you are gay, as long as you represent me, but don't tell me being gay is a bad thing and then I find out you are. I was particularly disappointed in John Edwards. It wasn't just that he had an affair; it was that he campaigned on the idea of being a perfect family man. I don't care what you do or who you do but I CAN'T STAND A HYPOCRITE. That may be why Tiger Wood is getting so much flack. For so long he was held up to be this perfect role model with the perfect wife and the perfect family. If he had been a Joe Namath type from the beginning, we probably wouldn't have cared.

klmno

Oh yeah- a hypocrite grates on my nerves to no end! You might be right in that having something to do with the interest in TW's situation. With Clinton, it was just my opinion that 1) it didn't effect his job, 2) the intern set him up (why else would someone keep a dress with dna evidence and not clean it?), 3) it was hard enough for their daughter to know about it without the public knowing it and discussing it and seeing it on tv, and 4) I was pretty confident that Hillary could and would address the matter as she saw fit and she did not need the public's help. LOL!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm with you mutt. I agree with you 100%

klmno, my only problem with Bill is that the White House doesn't belong to him. It belongs to us. It was a disrespect to the American people. The rest of it is for him and his wife to deal with. He could manage his discretion outside the White House. I agree with you too.

klmno

Well, that is true, Fran- it did bother me that it happened in one of our most respected (for lack of better term) buildings. And I might be too sympatheitc but I have just always felt that the intern was the aggressor, even though he's a grown man with a wife and should have been able to deal with it without "giving in", even if that is true. I kind of thought that it never happened outside of that building because it really didn't mean that much to him- you know, he wasn't going to put forth any effort to be with her. Still, I might be too sympathetic about it.

N

Nomad

husband and friends see Tiger as a hypocrite and they say that is a large part of why they are extremely disappointed in him.

I thought the whole thing with- Clinton was hideous. I didn't care for the behavior or the lying. And I was not thrilled that we were electing a president with a "randy" kind of background (as best as one could figure). LOL!

The fact that he acted in this way AT WORK...in a gov't building was horrible judgement. And why would one act this way? 'cause he believes (d) that he is invincible....untouchable....entitled.

Personally, I would have preferred it if he just said that these matters were not something he wished to discuss or if he pleaded the fifth (in the case of the trial).

I recall mentioning BEFORE he was elected to some women in a park (my kids were little wee ones) that his affairs were an indication of bad thinking and could likely lead to more indiscretions and perhaps problems of some sort in the White House. BOY do I wish I had tape recorded and dated that conversation! Anyway, the women said they did NOT care and that they didn't believe he would act "inappropriately" while president. Wow!

Totally disagree (no offense Klmno) with those who do not give completely 100% equal blame (or is that 50/50?) to both the man and the woman in these matters....it takes two to tango. Besides, we do not know if there was any little subtle tricks being played by these men to capture the hearts of these women. Some of these men recognize needy women a mile away and will try to impress them.

AND people KNOW when the other party is interested. There are signs. Or NOT. This goes both ways. If he had no interest, he could have made this known from the beginning.

These men can casually show interest, wait for the women to be the aggressor, can feign innocence, then sit back and be seduced. By accident????? Say what? Then, they wash their hands clean of it all.

That's like saying "I didn't mean to rob that bank your honor. YOu see, the cashier and I became friends and she said she really liked me. One day she told me that when no one was looking, I could take some bills from her drawer." By the way, even though I took the money...I am innocent. She made me do it................the devil made me do it.....my mom made me do it....life made me do it....my job made me do it.....the dog ate my homework.......

Last edited:

Fran

Former desparate mom
If you are good at your job and you do nothing illegal then we can make a choice to elect them. Not all randy and personally impulsive people do a bad job.
Although dispicable, infidelity is not illegal. Lying under oath is.

Anyhow, I don't condone TW behavior's and feel sadness that he stumbled but it's not illegal and not my business.
You can always not vote for a politician if they disappoint you. I tend to look at their work record. I was embarassed at the discussion of the behavior of our president. It demeaned the presidency in my humble opinion. It was humiliating.
As far as blame. The married person is breaking a vow. The single person is making stupid choices. There is a difference in my mind.