Is there a time limit for posting?

4sumrzn

Just curious if there is a time limit for posting/replying? I responded to a few last night & they aren't there.... :frown: I know I had to leave the computer many times in the middle of typing. Just curious, thanks!

busywend

Several versions ago we were losing some posts. The site is responding slow these days and Cheryl is aware.
Are you wireless? Is it possible your connection broke for a bit?

I am going to move this to watercooler.

F

flutterbee

I watch the little bar on the bottom right of the screen that comes to tell you the progress on moving around on a website (does that make ANY sense?). Anyway, if it's moving slow, or not moving at all, I copy my post, click on Back, Click on Refresh (sometimes it takes it when it doesn't seem like it did), if it didn't Click on Reply and paste my post and try it again.

Now that I have you completely confused.... :crazy:

bby31288

I have only had that trouble when using the quick reply button. No I just click reply at the bottom of the last post and have no problems that way. Hope this helps!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I notice that part of the loading problem is this site trying to connect to Amazon. It usually goes, though. (It's trying to load it as I write.)

Abbey

Marguerite

Whenever I've had trouble (as in the bad old days) I would copy my post and refresh the page. Then I'd paste in the stuff I'd saved and immediately submit.

With threads that are moving fast, sometimes if you try to submit right when someone else is, then things can go weird. I copy my post when I'm posting on the Good Morning thread and refresh, to make sure I'm not missing out on anyone. I still sometimes miss someone, but it does make it easier for me to stay on track.

I know about the need to get up and do other stuff - it goes with being parent to a difficult child.

If I have to leave it for any time, I often do the copy-refresh-paste thing, because sometimes someone has posted something in the meantime which might change what I want to say.

I hope you can find a solution that works for you. it can be really annoying.

Marg

donna723

If you have a lengthy reply or you know you'll probably be interrupted before you can finish, you can always do your post as a Word document and then just copy and paste it. That way you can use Spell Check too.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If I write a longish reply, I always copy it before trying to submit it. That way if it doesn't go thru I can just hit the reply button again and paste the reply I had there. I do the same if I get inturrupted during replying. :smile:

I've been doing this since the last time we had trouble missing posts. Nothing worse than spending time and thought on a good response to have it suddenly lost to cyber space.

Hugs