Is there some magic or something..........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well................

I have really been praying for guidance with this. I've told the Big Man up above that it is up to Him, I'm open to just about everything.

The temp called and they don't want me either. Told me it's because I don't have 6 months experience in light industrial but I know better because I know this temp co, I know the company they hire for, I know they hire inexperienced workers all day long to fill those slots, people with worse work histories than I have. So either they're not so desperate at the moment to hire a woman pushing 50, or I'm just not meant to go there period and this was my clear cut answer.

Still, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Options are running out.

I did find another local temp agency. They hire for home health. Last thing in the world I want to do is home health. For one I don't know that it will pay anywhere near enough hour wise to meet my needs........second I just do not like the whole idea of going into people's homes to do that sort of care. Still, I'm going there first thing in the morning, I hope. I'm going to call them here in a few minutes and see if it will even be worth my time to do so. (yes, I've gotten to that point) This is "supposed" to be the one that helps you get state certified as a nursing assistant (I'm already certified, just not for ohio). I figure I could work for them for about 6 months to a year or so then if I still didn't like it I could opt out and find working in a nursing facility instead. Took me forever to find this one as it isn't so easy to find the listing.

I've also located the state agency and I need to go out there too.

DammitJanet

Lisa, have you hit craigslist? Thats how Cory gets every job he has except for working with Tony. Also, there is something here called The Council of Governments but it may be called something else there that puts older people to work. Or should I say...helps find older workers jobs.

I had no clue about key words and all that when I had my interview with DSS and I hit 27 of 30 of them...lol. That was my first structured interview in my life but after my score on the written test and my score on the key words, I was the highest scoring applicant they had. Personally I dont know what was so hard about that test or interview. I had a man at unemployment tell me though that I would never pass it because they had people with 4 year degrees that didnt pass it on the first time. I have no clue why. If you could read, follow directions and do simple math, it was easy. I did figure out about halfway through what the issue probably was...people would read the first half of the question and answer from there. Stupid idea. I was taught better.....lol. Or Im just smarter.

Anyway, about craigslist....that is where Cory found this incredible job he has right now. I know you can find some scams but there are some real jobs there too. This job is incredible.

As far as home health, yeah you may not want it but you could probably be good. Hospice? Or I had a very good friend who simply worked as a person who stayed nights with a woman who had alzheimers. I believe the family hired her. She had another job during the day so she slept at this woman's house to make sure she was okay during the night.

You could go to your local school district and become a Substitute Teacher!! You don't need any special training, just a certain amount of college credits, which you have. Also, you can request Sp. Ed., which can lead into a 1:1 position or a Classroom Asst. which is much better pay and benefits!