Is this just anxiety?

FlowerGarden

My difficult child knows the school work, but generally fails tests. We even tried having the teacher ask him the questions instead of him reading the questions. He still failed. In my family, my cousin (a difficult child) knew the work but always failed. He wound up dropping out of school. Back when he went to school, most learning problems weren't found. His daughter had the same problem. They found if the teacher asked her the questions on the test, she passed.

Do you think it's anxiety in my difficult child's case?

Anyone else's difficult child have this experience?

I have a 504 meeting next week to see how he is doing in his classes and I want to address this situation with his teachers.

Sheila

It could be, but it could also be something else.

How do you know difficult child knows the work? Can he verbally or in writing produce correct answers for you?

wakeupcall

My easy child daughter has her Master's, but she struggled with test-taking all the way through her education. Tests TERRIFIED her. She did poorly on the SAT and ACT tests, but there were those in admissions of colleges who could look past all that. She made ONE B in all of her schooling. Yep, she graduated with a 3.9! I was one proud momma!