Is this my daughter????

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by timer lady, Sep 21, 2008.

1. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

Through all these years of special education placements, kt has never once brought home homework. It's never been assigned.

On Friday, before school let out, kt spoke with each of her teachers & explained that if she wanted to go to college or beauty school, whatever, she would have to learn to study & do homework. Would they please assign her some homework?

Kt came home with about 1/2 hour of homework for each class. In the meantime, the SW of her program, called & let me know that kt was a first.......no one has ever asked for homework. :whistle:
    by the way, her homework is completed & ready to be handed in.

2. ML

ML Guest

Wow! That is so cool. She's really thinking about the future. You have a very smart daughter there.

3. Andy

Andy Active Member

Oh how wonderful! She really is an awesome kid!

4. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

:D Good for her!

5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Whoohooo!!!!!!!!! Way To Go KT!!:bravo:

6. Jena

Jena New Member

aw, that's soo cool!! love those stories. very impressive

:)

7. jannie

jannie trying to survive....

WOW !!! :D:D:D What a great start to the year !! You must be so proud !!

8. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Mind if I'm seriously jealous? It is truly remarkable for one so young to think that much about the future. Give her a hug for all of us. We're so very proud of her.

9. klmno

klmno Active Member

Well, aren't you the envy tonight? LOL! Any chance that Miss KT is on her way to being a easy child? Way To Go MOM and Miss KT!!!

10. smallworld

smallworld Moderator

Wow! Can you send some of that can-do attitude over this way?

11. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Linda

When I think over the years and how far kt has come it is amazing and wonderful. This board auntie is so darn mega proud of her and her accomplishments, I know you have to be bursting with pride.

Wow. One smart kiddo you've got there. And she's planning ahead. :D

Hugs

12. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Sounds like she's had a lightbulb moment ;) Can you ask her where she found the "on" switch? 'Cuz I got me a 14yo difficult child who is still groping around for his, and an 11yo difficult child who doesn't even realize he HAS one. Sheesh.

Add me to your list of jealous admirers :D Bet you're tickled silly by all this! I know I'd be!

13. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Wow. What an amazing kiddo. She is thinking of her future, and even taking appropriate steps to get ready. She is awesome.

14. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Cool! Way To Go!!!!!!!
    That is so exciting!!!!

15. Way To Go!! This is so wonderful, KT is really thinking about her future.

16. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Wow! Hope none of the teachers need medical attention after their jaws hit the ground! LOL Good for her though! She's growing up!!!

17. Penta

Penta New Member

Your hard work as a Mom has paid off in a forward thinking high school student. What a girl!

18. OpenWindow

OpenWindow Active Member

19. recovering doormat

recovering doormat Lapsed CDer

So happy to hear this wonderful nugget! I'm patting you on the back, and kt, for this leap into responsibility. You are definitely doing something right! Congratulations.

20. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

All I can say is wow. That's wonderful, and KT is showing great maturity and foresight.
    I'm impressed.