Isn't it just amazing

Lothlorien

how kids (especially difficult children) give you a hard time all year long about doing their homework, but at the end of the year, when they get to take home their workbooks, they want to work on the pages that weren't done during the school year?

Missy is upstairs, right now, at her desk, doing the pages they skipped over during the year. Why can't she be so excited about doing math the rest of the time?

I will never understand what goes on in that little head of hers!:rolleyes:

4sumrzn

LOL! That's a good one. easy child has never done anything like that & difficult child will scribble on all those pages (even though the ones that were suppose to be done were scribble too).

But, husband got a funny phone call on easy child's last day of school. easy child wanted to know if husband could pick him up after work.....easy child wanted to STAY AFTER SCHOOL to help a teacher pack up her room! Uhhh....last day of school? Most kids are running away!

***I'm sure it was one of those young teachers...Miss "?"***

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Loth

Maybe it's more fun when the pressure's off??

I always got a kick outta the fact that 2 weeks out of school and mine were playing "school" with each other. :rofl:

F

flutterbee

My difficult child does the same thing. I think it has to do more with they don't "have" to do it so the "want to" part comes out. It's actually a good sign, in my opinion...they want to learn and enjoy learning. They just enjoy it more on their schedule.