It has been a day.

KTMom91

Couldn't stay asleep last night, and I have no idea why. The alarm went off at 5:30. I was not amused. Got up, showered, tried to wake up because I had to be at School #1 by 7:45. After Hubby left, I went back to bed for half an hour. It didn't help. The second graders were wonderful, and I had a great morning. Then...I was supposed to be at School #2 by 11:45. Not happening, and I knew it, so I emailed the office manager and told I'd be late, but I'd be there.

Got to School #2, with lunch in my purse, at 12 noon. Figured I had about 20 minutes to eat and decompress a bit. Nope. Rainy day schedule. The kids came in at 12:05. Pounded down a sandwich and was ready to go. The first graders were good, too, with the exception of one little hypochondriac who made me crazy. He decided he had broken his hand when he fell at recess. No damage, no swelling, no bruising...and finally about 15 minutes later, he was cured. Got the kids out the door, left a note, headed home to find that...

Miss KT was blowing up my phone. I had 12 missed calls and 8 texts. She has papers I need to proof. The car financing company for my car called. I don't know why. We bounced a check for the car insurance, and I went in with a cashier's check last Friday to take care of it. Today they tell me they cancelled anyway. Oops. Gotta fix that, now that it's after 5 pm and the office is closed for the weekend. I just got the materials for a class I'm taking, I have reviews to write, a house to clean, and it's finally gotten cold, but we can't turn on the heat until Hubby clears out the corner where the wall heater is. I'm hungry and I don't want to cook. I have to do laundry. I have to clean up the kitchen. I can only find one slipper from the three pairs I have. The panther boys are fighting and the senior cats are yowling. I just want to go to bed and ignore everything and everyone.

And I'm out of tea.

Thank you for allowing me to vent. I feel somewhat better.

InsaneCdn

And I'm out of tea.

Heartfelt sympathies on THIS part... because, when I've had "one of those days", I'd BETTER NOT be out of tea!
Sometimes, its these tiny, surface, "inconsequential" things that do us in...

{{hugs}}

I'd ship you a box, but it won't fit through cyberspace, and snail mail is too slow...

Maybe you have some hot chocolate??? At least tomorrow is Saturday...sleep in, no students, replenish tea stash.

buddy

good night, hope you get a refreshing night's slumber! Really hope the car insurance gets started again and KT gets 'her' homework done, smile!

keista

Hope today's a better day for you.

I thought of you as I was falling asleep last night. TV was on and pistachio council commercial came on featuring a honey-badger!