It is 4:30 and still no word

susiestar

Roll With It
The doctor's office was suppose to call us after teh radiologist read the xrays at NOON. It is 4:30. They CLOSE at 5:00.

If I don't hear from them do I keep her home tomorrow? School starts before the doctor office opens (doctor opens at 8, school starts at 7:55). So if I have appts tomorrow it will be a HUGE hassle to get her out of class - much much easier if she stays home and then goes to the appointment. The school procedures for getting your child out of a class can take more than 30 minutes.

I am very frustrated. The doctor PROMISED we would hear from someone no later than 2. I have called twice. NO return call - and I just get a machine.

I am going to be a PITA to these people. If they said they would call tomorrow, I would be OK. I just want them to call when they say they will.

Is that too much to ask?

I want my little girl fixed.

NOW dangit.

Last edited:

klmno

Well, maybe they are working late and will still call?? If not, do they have an after hours number where a nurse will call you back? I missed the info about what happened so I'm not sure if we're talking about an illness or injury. How does she feel right now?

I don't blame you for being frusstrated though, things like that frustrate me to no end. Sit and wait, for nothing. It's one thing to change our schedule to meet their openings and convenience, but it's another to put everything on hold when you don't even hear back from them.

susiestar

Roll With It
OK. We have TODAY'S answer: The xrays did not show any problems, but the doctor is pretty sure there is something wrong (possibly big time wrong) with Jessie's knee. It is moving in a way the other knee doesn't and is painful in a way or place it shouldn't be. I think.

We are to wait for a call tomorrow about having an MRI. The nurse was not told until after 5 that we needed the MRI, so she couldn't schedule it. Nurse says she will do it first thing in the morning, so by about 3 tomorrow we should know when she scheduled it for.

Jess is to stay home until the MRI - but of course the nurse won't write a note about that. The paperwork I turned in WILL excuse Jess for tomorrow, but after that we will need another note.

Tomorrow is my dang birthday. It is the ONE frickin day I wanted to NOT have kids home. I am already supposed to do 2 PTA meetings and scouts, and when husband heard about that he THEN whined that I won't have time to go out to dinner with him.

***??? Couldn't he have mentioned that earlier or NOT WHINED??

I am going to be chasing all over creation trying to get ahold of medical people and fit in PTA meetings. He can whine elsewhere - I HAVE ALL THE WHINING PRIVELIGES ON MY BIRTHDAY DANG NABBIT!

Sigh. I won't let jess see the frustration. But the ONE thing I asked for for my birthday was to have the day with-o kids. And I won't get it. Again.

And I probably still won't know what is wrong with my kid.

At least she has pain medications now.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
As birthday fairy I'm giving you a coupon to pick the day of your choice to celebrate your birthday! Bummer that you don't get your special day on the right day, but make plans for a "do over"........hope the MRI tells you something, but keep in mind it may not........ OH and Happy Birthday!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well if Why Me Mom wasn't so brilliant I was going to suggest the same gift. Pick a day - any day there are 362 left. Because there are

365 days in the year
1 is Jesus' birthday - only him and my Grandma had that one
1 is MY birthday - I'm fairly certain it's Jesus' real birthday but......
1 is YOUR real birthday (tomorrow) and it's botched -

So other than those above - just Pick one -

I like
Susie Star the Leo - August 15 - or August 13 - day before or day after mine.

and remember - you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends OR your birthdays. Then again - I'm adopted and I am fairly certain my birthday and name got changed.......so MAYBE my REAL birthday is 9-9 :surprise: In that case my theory still works just 2 days are the same for 2 people.

Always thinking that one !:faint:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE STARRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
HAPPY NEW BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!! (small dogs just went hearing impaired)

Andy

I am so glad you took her in to follow up on the injuries. I would keep her home as long as you need to to figure this out. The school should accept that, "My daughter was hit by a car. Her knee has been injured requiring an MRI. To reduce further risk to the knee, she will be home until the doctor has a chance for a full evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan."

2 PTA and scouts? And people think that I use to be busy - it does sound like a day out of my schedule for several years. difficult child needs to be home at 7:00 to be asleep by 8:00 so that is really cutting into my volunteering. Just PTL (VP with no Pres so I have a feeling I may have to take on Pres duties? Ugh), Board of Christian Education (only until January), and teaching PK - 6th grade Sunday School. Pretty slow for me but difficult child needs to be home more often. husband is on the road alot Mon - Fri and it just doesn't work to have easy child help.

And WHY is your husband whining? Sounds like you definitly have the rights on the whining on this one. Your pay back is to move it to a full day of childless activities focusing only on you! :)

PITA away - watch out medication staff - Go Girl Go.

I do hope the MRI has answers. If nothing shows, will the doctor give her a treatment plan to help in healing (like crutches? for so many days/weeks?).

susiestar

Roll With It
If the MRI says everything is fine the doctor will give a treatment plan. But she is pretty conservative, this one sees a friend's child most of the time and she has to be near death for this particular doctor to have her miss school. She also RARELY sends anyone for tests outside of their clinic (ALL the pediatricians in our town except one are in practice together - and the one who is separate is well known for rxing medications like zyprexa to kids with-o a psychiatric evaluation, that one LOVES to give kids psychiatric medications he shouldn't mess with). But this doctor rarely orders tests, so if she says we need an MRI, we problem NEED the MRI.

Anyway, I will pick another day this week or next to ahve a birthday. husband was whining because he has campus recruiting and will be in town all day. He didn't want to do boy scouts - poor dad. No escape for him. We can do dinner another time. One PTA meeting is at NOON. Ick.

Thanks for the good thoughts.