It is 5:23 PM

flutterby

Fly away!
And no acknowledgment for Mother's Day.

I asked easy child this morning if he knew what today was and he just looked at me until his girlfriend told him. Then he told me that I got the best present ever; I got to see him dressed in a tux last night (prom). Wasn't amused. Especially with how he was behaving yesterday. And the day before. Total PITA.

The only contact I've had with difficult child today was her yelling at me to let the dog in because she was barking. I told her to let her in because I was watching a movie. She stomped and slammed and yelled at me that I was closer.

Happy Mother's Day to me. Ha.

Nancy

I'm so sorry.

I posted this on another tread but my difficult child never came home last ngiht. I was up all night trying to find her and then tryig to sleep when I realized I couldn't. When she did come home this morning we got in a huge fight and I thought husband was going to kill her.

Happy mother's day!

Nancy

klmno

I'm sorry Heather- these kids just don't get it sometimes. Ok, alot of times. Spend the day doing what you want and let them fend for themselves.

flutterby

Fly away!
difficult child was just yelling at me some more and I asked her if she knew what today was. She responded, "Yeah. It's Mother's Day."

So, she made a point to not acknowledge it.

everywoman

Heather, I'm sorry they are being mean and nasty. I hope you are doing something nice for yourself. Order your favorite pizza----but only enough for you and don't share any with the others in your house!!!

Andy

Or.... You can turn the tables on them. Make a point that you want them both (or all if you count easy child's girlfriend and your other son) to have supper together tonight. You can make something very simple at home or go out to someplace (even McDonalds). Tell them that today is Mother's Day and you wanted to spend one meal with your kids.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Happy Mother's Day Heather.

Mine was nothing to brag about either.

Although Aubrey came bounding in this morning all dressed up and her hair done squeeling Happy Mudder's Day Nana!! And this evening Darrin gave me a card he made himself, with a potted flower. Flower pot had his hand print on it and Brandon's foot print.

But the kids and husband.........uh, yeah. Nichole and boyfriend were fighting cuz he was being an arse (you can count on it every holiday) easy child was exhausted and moody. Travis off in his own world.....and husband, please. ugh!

easy child promised me dinner tomorrow with birthday cake a week late. I'll believe it when I see it. Burning the candle at both ends is getting to her.

Oh, well. At least the grandkids brightened my day. :)

(((hugs)))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather,
I'm sorry. Last year my Mother's Day was like that. Neither easy child nor difficult child acknowledged the day and neither were nice either. Hugs to you.