It is cold

klmno

It is 29 degrees here. It normally doesn't get this cold until mid-January at this time of the evening. Is anyone else freezing? Yes, we have heat, but geez, it is a heat pump so it doesn't really feel that warm unless I crank it up too high.

Andy

Today in Sunday School, the kids made an ABC Thanksgiving list. One little girl said for "H" she was thankful for "heat". For a little kid to think of that this early in the cold season! She was a visitor so I don't know her family. I just hope that her thanksgiving wasn't an indication that her family struggles with heating bills and are facing a possibility of not having heat at some point this winter.

It does seem colder than normal this fall. I think because the winds are strong and with no snow on the ground you don't expect cold?

I hope everyone that needs it can truly be thankful for heat.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yep, it's been cold here too! At one point on Friday the temp with the wind chill felt like 2 degrees!

Tonight we are to get 1-2 inches of snow. By Thanksgiving though it is suppose to be in the low 40s!

klmno

I don't know where each of you are, but I'm sure it is all realtive to what we're used to. Here, it is 30 degrees right now. I can remember many Thanksgiving weeks where a sweatshirt was quite comfortable and if you worked up a sweat in the yard, a short sleeve shirt would do. So, this is like mid-winter to me. I want to move!!

I hope no one on this board has a need for heat this fall or winter- I hope each family stays warm and has food and water and can bite their toongue to maintain whatever difficult child'ness may come their way!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
We hit 3 below last night.

Right now we're back up to the more normal high teens and low thirties. There's already a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

So...while it's normally plenty chilly by this time of year up here in North Central WI, we are colder than normal as well.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well it is my first year in Arizona... and it was 80 degrees today!
It is supposed to get all the way down to 65 this week! BRRR!

Last year we had over 7 months of snow up in Northern Idaho. So I am due... it is in the upper 20's today in Idaho where I was! Tee-Hee...
KLMNO I am sorry it is so cold.
It is weird living somewhere that is so warm. I am still in shorts!

klmno

Ok-doke, Totoro, the decision is made. I'll bring sleeping bags for difficult child and me if you have a couple of extra floor spots for a few days until I find a place for us. I'm assuming that's ok with you??

(This would be the time to say YES please!)

totoro

Come on over!!! If your initials are not mother in law then fine by me!!!
You may not even need the sleeping bag! It is warm...

Pam R

We hit 3 below last night.
So...while it's normally plenty chilly by this time of year up here in North Central WI, we are colder than normal as well.

We hit 1F Friday night and 9F Saturday night. In the mid 20's during the day. Very cold for this time of year. But I hope it stays cold and kills all those nasty ticks!!

I've got the wood stoves so we are always toasty inside. :))

Pam R.
in the frigid Western Mass

Abbey

Spork Queen
Cold here, too. Going North, you must not be too far from me. I know it was 9 degrees the other night. But, woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning and still snowing. Should make for an interesting walk to work.:mad:

-1? I think I'd faint.

(adjust, adjust, adjust...I'm working on it.)

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lazst week the weatherman said we'd be going through a little cold spell, abnormally colder temps for this time of year...that was LAST WEEK! What is up THIS week??? I heard we may see some snow. I am so not ready for winter. We had our woodburning stove going all weekend. Unfortunately, that makes one end of the house VERY warm and the other very COLD. Our bedrooms are freezing and I like it cold in my room at night, but WOW. I think I will be thankful when we see what our oil balance is at the end of the season though. lol.

Tot - can we come too?;)

totoro

YES!!!! Stay through Christmas... we can light up the Cacti... catch a couple of Burros. Make some Tamales on Christmas Eve.
Thanksgiving we can even be outside it is pleasant out at night, have a fire going! SHoot we can put you on couches and beds whatever! Take over husband's office...
Send the in-laws home and we got an extra house!!! 3 bedrooms!!!

PARTY!!! They even have a hot-tub... 81 degrees today!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abbey. I'm a couple/three hours inland (Off Lake Michigan) from you. In general we get a bit colder and you get a bit more snow (lake effect; you'll learn to hate it, LoL) than we do up here.

But, if -1 has you worried about fainting; you are in for a rough winter. -1 is actually fairly WARM for a typical January night.

You'll see a lot of -10-20 windchills in Oshkosh. Here inland we don't get lake warming so we get as cold as -35 windchills.

Fashion goes out the window in the winter up here