It is Friday finally. TGIF

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. I'm off to boot camp again. It's not any easier but I'm not as slow or weak as I was. :cheer_up:It looks pretty chilly though. Brrrr.
difficult child went to visit with girlfriend last evening. He is always in a good mood when he visits with her. :happyguy:
I'm heading to SW Pa tomorrow. Mom has had a bit of a set back so I'm off to relieve sis. The sister who is there now got a job after 10months and has to return to Dallas.

Hope your free choice friday is a good one. We are hoping to get a reservation at an Oktoberfest Bavarian style restaurant as difficult child's friend's parents are going to be in town for a wedding. We wanted to visit with them tonight. Busy, busy, busy. October is a bit of a wild rumpus this year.

Enjoy your day. Monday comes too quickly. :yes:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Fran-I love your energy this morning! Enjoy boot camp-or is enjoy too strong of a word?:tongue: Either way I know you are enjoying the benefits! I wish I could get up earlier to work out like I used to. How nice that difficult child is always in a good mood after visiting girlfriend. They sound like they are good for each other. I hope you get the reservations you are looking for and enjoy your dinner! I'm sorry to hear about your mom's setback. Keeping her in my prayers.

Yeah for Fridays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! difficult child heads to respite after school today and is actually excited! This place is a good fit for difficult child and it's nice to see him so happy to be seeing other kids.

husband is headed to Michigan tonight. We were both going to go to the game tomorrow but then we found out they were having a belated b-day dinner for his dad on Sunday afternoon at 3:00. It was the one thing he asked for his b-day and he is 81 so we wanted to be sure to have husband there. Unfortunately, I can't go along because difficult child has to be picked up around 4 on Sunday.

Looks like easy child and I will have a quiet weekend here which is nice too. I actually don't mind missing the game but love husband's dad and would have enjoyed being at the dinner.

Happy Friday all:flower:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Fran- Have a safe trip to PA... the weather may be a little dicey. I hope Mom is doing better.

Sharon (W.O.)- Sorry you have to miss the party but I'm sure you and easy child will enjoy a quiet weekend.

Duckie seems to have turned the corner and is on the mend. Her temp continues to fluctuate and her color still isn't right but the breathing treatments have made a huge improvement in how she's feeling She's still tired and worn out so I'm keeping her home again (what's day 8 after she's already missed 7 days of school?). We'll run up to the asthma doctor to return the borrowed nebulizer since Alicia's was delivered yesterday. I may run her through McDonald's for a happy meal since she's been watching the build-a-bear toys advertised on tv all week. She'll like that. :)

Have agreat day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

TPaul

Idecor8
Morning everyone,
Had just a few minutes this morning, had to get my daily fix of the board! It is like an additive medication, (in a good way) that helps us make it through another day.

High fives to all for making it through the week
T. Paul

Marguerite

G'day, folks. I haven't been online for 24 hours and even now, I'm checking in to check out for the night, it seems.

Fran, have a safe trip. I hope your mother gets better soon.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your quiet weekend. It's a pity you can'y go with husband to his dad's birthday party, but no doubt you'll put your quiet time to good use.

TM, I'm glad Duckie's feeling a bit better. Do you have schoolwork for her to do even when she's sick? I'm a slavedriver with difficult child 3, he's allowed to not do schoolwork if he's sick but he has to be asleep to get out of it. Otherwise, it's snuggle up on the couch and watch a documentary, or read a book in bed, or whatever the child can handle.

TPaul, it's good to see you immersing yourself into life on the CD board!

We headed out early this morning, got difficult child 3 to the city for the final bit of filming for the current affairs program. After that we drove him to the railway station and let him travel home by himself, while husband & I stayed in the city for a friend's wedding.

difficult child 3 dutifully rang us when he got home, we had him organised to go to mother in law's for dinner (we supplied food for them both, mother in law isn't well and a Marg home-cooked curry was prescribed).

The wedding was in Sydney's Royal Botanic Gardens. We took photos, we'll put some up for you when we can. husband tried to get a photo of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge as backdrop, but we were TOO CLOSE! It didn't all fit in the photo!

It was a lovely wedding reception (in the Tea Rooms, Queen Victoria Building - a lovely venue). Getting out of the car park afterwards tonight was - interesting, but we finally argued our way through (they wanted to charge us $52 for what we'd been told would be $12 - we were both getting ready for a big argument).

We only got home a few minutes ago, heading right for bed.

Tomorrow (or should I say today - Saturday, it's 1.30 am Sat here) is busy and starts early. The electrician is due first thing, then when he's gone I have to head out for a midday meeting. After the midday meeting comes a 2 pm meeting (same place, thankfully) then head home, with barely enough time to turn around and go back out again to meet easy child 2/difficult child 2 & SIL2 getting back from their honeymoon (and wanting a lift home from the airport).

Somewhere in there is an art exhibition launch which I think I will have to miss, but I could still get to the exhibition before it closes on Sunday afternoon.

We checked our email when we got home - I've won a year's supply of Tim Tams! Whacko! According to the info, I'll get two deliveries of 24 packs each, six months apart. Any of you who have ever had a Tim Tam - eat your heart out! I reckon they must be close to the world's most delicious chocolate biscuit...

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam[/ame]

Tim Tam slams, here we come!

Enjoy your Friday, folks.

Marg