It Makes No Sense

pasajes4

My 17 tear old son was released from a secured juvenile corrections treatment center in October. He is on probation until June 10th.

He is required to show up at probation once a week and drug test. He is to go to drug counseling once a week. They will provide job training and educational assistance + help with transportation.

He refuses to cooperate with probation. He is facing going back to jail only this time it is TYC not a treatment center.

His reason for not cooperating is that he does not like the po and they are asking too much of him.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

A year ago I would have been wringing hands. A year later and all I can do is scratch my head in wonder at his lack of reasoning and refusal to even attempt to take advantage of the second chance they are offering him.

Nancy

It never ceases to amaze me at their reasoning. Wouldn't you like to get inside his head to see what he's thinking?

toughlovin

I think sometimes they dont believe anything will happen to them! Sometimes the courts are too easy on them for awhile until it catches up with them. So now the consequences will play out and it may be what he needs. My son spent 2+ months in jail this summer and that definitely made an impression on him and he is now more motivated to stay out of jail.

pasajes4

He forgets how awful he said being locked up for 11 months was. He came home with a black eye yesterday given to him by one of his friends. Today he walked out of the house to go hang out with some kid he was locked up with.

pasajes4

Everything he is doing is a violation of his probation. The po is revoking his probation. We will be served papers to go to court. I fully expect my difficult child will refuse to go to court. A warrant will be issued for his arrest and he will rack up more charges. He will no doubt do a disappearing act. I of course, will get to pay more court fees.