It only took 4 buisness days

F

flutterbee

But we finally got the authorization for Wynter's medications.

Our GP had written the prescription for lexapro 10mg for 2 weeks then go to 20 mg. She's having some side effects - nausea, headaches and interrupted sleep - so I'm slowing down the increase. We're going to do 10mg for a month, then 15mg for a month, then 20mg if needed.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Just doesn't seem right that it should take four days but I'm glad you got the authorization.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
YAY! Hope it works for her. Lexapro has made a huge difference in difficult child 1's anxiety levels and it also improved his irritability. He used to have panic attacks over blood draws, IV's or medical procedures, and now he breezes right through!

F

flutterbee

She's been on the lexapro for almost two weeks now (samples and then I was cutting mine in half so she could continue uninterrupted while we waited on the insurance company) and my darling baby girl who is afraid of shots and has a negative pain tolerance has decided - most decidedly -

ready?

she wants her nose pierced.

Think it's helping with the anxiety any? :hammer:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Awww sh!t. Something tells me that's not the response you were watching for in her! :rofl:

Maybe you don't need to bump her to 20mg afterall! Sometimes I think I'd take the panic attacks over disinhibition!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I hope this positive medication keeps moving wynter forward. It's wonderful when you seem to hit the right combo of medications, therapy & other interventions we need for our babies.