It really has been forever....

Lori4ever

I have been gone for quite a while. B has been in an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in Texas since March 07,07. It's been 17 months in a week. We have learned a lot regarding health issues since he's been gone. I do not know how much of any of this contributed to his mental health issues, but I believe the possibility is strong. He has pititary failure, which is why is so small. He also has organic brain damage, from what I may never know. He is given Ensure 3 times a day to help wiith diet. He has come a long way,with a long way to go.
I hope to be around a lot more, I hope all is well with everyone.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Good to hear you have a few answers for difficult child. Hope his physical health improves as he grows. It can greatly effect mental health and looks like you are on the right path.....welcome back.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Lori

It's nice to see you again. ((hugs))

So glad you are getting answers to some of difficult children problems. Nice to see progress is being made. I'll have to google "organic brain damage", that's a new one on me. Are they thinking this is a the result of the ptiuitary malfunctioning?

Thanks for the update. Hope to see you here more often.

(((hugs)))

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's great to see you, Lori. :)

I'm curious---you have in your signature that your oldest child had the same problems as B but didn't have a name for it then. How is he doing now?

Suz

everywoman

It's good to see you Lori. I hope that eventually your difficult child leans something!!! Mine is 20 now and is doing better. He's still a difficult child---but at least it's not a daily issue anymore.

Lori4ever

Lisa,
I had never heard of it, either. It was really confusing and scary when I first was confronted about all of it. I was really sensitive to it at first, because of all the info that there isn't about it.

Sue,
My oldest is doing really well, now. It has taken a long time with him, and he does come and go. I don't know if you remember when I was last here, he had stolen fuel from his boss. I was too sensitive to responses back then and it was really hard for me at the time. I finally had to let go and let things happen as they may. He does not believe he has a problem, and thank goodness he is not as bad as B. But B has been diagnosed with anti social personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, and ADHD. He also has the pititary failure.
Thank you for asking. I hope he continues to as well as he is now. I just try to take one day at a time with him.

witzend

Welcome back, Lori. I'm glad to hear that you are finding help with your difficult child. I'm a little confused about "the name". Are we talking about "pituitary failure", or was there another name that I am not seeing at a glance somewhere?

Lori4ever

Witz,
B and his older brother had conduct disorder as well as Bi-Polar. I had never heard of any of this stuff, which is really sad because Josh had an IEP under AB3632. He was declared SED at the time. Going further his younger brother was continnually picked up for truancy by age 9, and every arrest under the sun from age 12, starting with car theft. It's truely been a long road. Thank goodness Josh is doing great now. It sure took a long time, but we got there.