It runs in threes, ya know

everywoman

First Nancy's daugther,
Then Janet's Cory,
and now...
That's right ladies, difficult child is in jail again. And again it is surreal.
husband was home today. Knock at door about 10 am. It was his cousin---a deputy with the sheriff's department.
Conversation:
Rusty, is your name William.
Yes, it is.
William Samuel.
Yes, the 2nd.
Oh, I'm looking for the 3rd.
Oh, he doesn't live here.
Well, actually I'm looking for *******
That's his roommate. They live on ****** Ave.

Leaves here.
husband calls difficult child. Tells him cops were here with warrant for roommate.
difficult child is sleeping. Calls roommate and tells him.
Goes back to sleep.
Cops burst down the door. Warrant for roommate. Ask difficult child if he has any drugs. Honest boy---because he is trying to be honest---hands over his pot.
He's arrested....simple possession and paraphernalia.

So, he is spending another night with the county. And I am shaking my head wondering if he will ever, ever learn.

The sad thing is that is so very many ways he is so much better than he was for years.

But, I'm fine. I'm detached. I'm Zen!

DammitJanet

Well I guess that makes star a bit less worried cause dude should be a bit safer since the 3rd one has now fallen!

Sigh...what is it with our kids? But Im right there with you with the Zen. Oh wait...maybe it isnt Zen...maybe its the pot smoke they left that is blowing over us!

Im thinking of this as a positive thing. Cory has been wanting to quit smoking both pot and cigs. This can be his personal rehab experience. LOL.

DammitJanet

But honestly Kat...when is your son gonna learn to JUST SAY NO! Not say no to pot because we know he isnt gonna do that but hello...can we say...the cops didnt have a search warrant so he didnt have to answer that question!

The werent there to arrest him so they had no reason to search him and he could have said NO. Dumb boy. He needs a lesson in his legal rights.

everywoman

But, unfortunately we spent so many years trying to get him to NOT lie---now he is honest to a fault---it is laughable!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How about not lying and just saying "Who Me?" with his best innocent face on?? OMG!

Just shaking my head. I guess it's good the boy is honest, but it makes you wonder when he shoots himself in the foot.

Maybe enough times and he'll at least think twice about the pot?? (one can hope)

Hugs

katya02

Solace
When my difficult child was arrested the same sort of thing happened ... the cop illegally searched his desk, sternly asked him if he had any drugs and where he kept them and told him it would be bad for him if he didn't cooperate immediately, and he meekly showed everything in the apartment, even stuff that wasn't his ...!!! His roommate slipped out the door and caught a plane to Boston and didn't come back. And difficult child stood there like a deer in the headlights, never understood that he didn't HAVE to answer any questions, didn't have to agree to a search! And took the fall. Even now I don't think he understands his rights. Sigh.

Sorry this has happened, EW. Hugs.

everywoman

Oh, I'm not sorry and I'm not surprised. When you lie with dogs, you're gonna get fleas---and he chooses to run with the dogs. His choice. He knows how we feel about his life. He knows how we feel about the pot. He has made the choices that put him where he is. What I do find unfathomable is that for years the boy couldn't tell the truth if it was tattooed across his forehead. And now, he can't tell a lie or even be quiet when he doesn't have to say anything?

rejectedmom

My difficult child is much the same way although he thinks nothing of lying to me and husband t(he only people on earth that always have his best intrest at heart) he gives the police all they ask for and more. because in his words "I'm not gonna lie to a cop" well no you shouldn't do that but you do not have to answer them either without a lawyer present. Our advice falls on deaf ears so we just stay detached as much as possible. Sigh -RM