It was 54 out today

Nancy

Unbelieveable! I washed my car, it was so yucky with all the snow and salt grime. Put my winter car mats in and even vacuumed out the inside. Then I picked up all the twigs that fell from the trees that the melting snow uncovered and picked up the dog do-do. So now I'm ready for the next wave of winter. It's been a very very strange weather pattern.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
A year ago this week we were iced in for a week here in metro Atlanta. This week we are supposed to hit 68 degrees. We had a couple of cold days earlier this week but other than that it has been a really mild winter so far.

Not that I am complaining!

~Kathy

cubsgirl

We are having mild weather in Chicagoland as well. I'm loving it. I've never been a winter person but we don't want to move the kids while they are both in high school.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Very stranger weather. Where the heck is our snow?! And I hate winter, but I'm still po'd we haven't had any snow! Halloween doesn't count as that was just plain weird.

buddy

Parts of MN.... in the 60's yesterday! smashed all records. today was in the high 40's. And it felt like spring outside....that time when the snow is just melting... I loved it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Don't hate me, but it was 84F here on Wednesday. Slightly cooler the past few days, though, but still well over 70!

Wiped Out

Staff member
We had 52 yesterday-I walked Ella in my shorts!! As far as I'm concerned we can skip snow this winter. I always have my students try to guess the first date we will have 3 or more inches of snow. One student jokingly said March 1st (this was back in Nov). He is the only one still in the running. I told him if he is right and that is our first snowfall of 3 inches or more I'm buying him a present.

Kathy813

Staff member
That's easy . . . I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere the temperature would be -40 degrees. There's a reason I live in the south. :bigsmile:

InsaneCdn

Its NOT -40 here NOW... most years, though, we'd have gotten there before now... this year? is as crazy as for everybody else!

InsaneCdn

We used to deliver papers at -40 - no option, you have the route, you deliver.

We don't do outdoor physical activities at -40, though... no skating, tobogganing, etc.
We do those things at -10 (about 0F).

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know why the weather is good? Because I busted my fanny to be totally ready for winter's worst this year. :faint:

But I'm enjoying it while we have it. :)

DammitJanet

Maybe we are having a nice winter because my dad is mad that Lindsay took Keyana so he is punishing them. Last year he gave us several small snowfalls so he could give her little kisses. He isnt going to let Lindsay get any kisses for taking his baby away from us.