It was my birthday on Sunday . . .

M

Mamaof5

...and a friend who is a tattoo artist did a tattoo today for me for free for my birthday. It's not done fully yet, still have green border to go and some more shading\touch ups.

Here:

OHM (sound of life) - people think I'm crazy for the placement of the tattoo and keep asking me if it hurt - err..no it didn't actually hurt that much thanks *lol*

TerryJ2

Wow. That's gutsy. I'd do a henna, but not a tattoo. I'm glad you like it! What do the kids think?
Happy birthday!
(P.S. I suspect this will be moved to the watercooler.)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Very cool tat......from here it kinda looks like a dragon - or something in Asian? still very cool. Thanks for shooting the picture. I hate it when someone says they got X and it's like - OH I see use your imagination......with me? That's a whole other story and could be funny. Awesome art.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh........and.......

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEAR INKY!!!!!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY Toooooo Youuuuuuuuu!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Birthday!!!

I would like to get the same tattoo one day~though I will admit I am not quite as brave as you in regards to the placement. I was thinking quite a bit smaller and on my hand - I saw that on a really cool old Indian woman and I fell in love.

Anyway, happy birthday to you!:D

M

Mamaof5

It's Buddhist. Ohm Pade Madre Uhm (a mantra chant) - it's the Ohm part which is also scientifically proven as a frequency that is thought to be the sound of life. I have the frequency on my laptop and it's an interesting sound that actually vibrates right through you. You hear it for awhile after playing it too (phantom sound in the ears, almost like a soft vibration in the ears). There's also the Actus Signal that is thought to be the vibration of all things on all levels of life and non life (as in everything vibrates with this frequency). Very interesting philosophy.

I love it, it needs some touching up, I couldn't sit in the chair any longer because of my back (scoliosis and back issues along with the fibro). I didn't feel very much of it. A bit of it was intense (not painful just intense). Even my buddy said "I give you credit for doing this, you sit so still I can't believe it. You don't even bleed either". LoL - everyone keeps asking me if it hurt - no not really.

I also have a rib defect where I have a fully plate of bone there, not the meshed jointing that most people has. Mine is fused into one full plate of bone. I also have a missing xaphoid process (sternum bone). It's a very rare birth defect, my 4.5 year old has the same defect ironically. It's a 50\50 genetic defect that can be passed down. Any doctor I see always asks to bring in colleagues so they can all see what they've only seen in the back of an obscure medication text book. I had one doctor tell me in his 30 years of career he'd never ever seen it before.

Thanks for the comps and happy birthdays (31 already, sheesh...hubby will be 34 in August)