It wasn't so bad...

witzend

We went to brunch and ate a lot. M was pretty good. He kept up with the conversation without getting boastful until the very end when we were driving home.

I feel a little bad but not too bad. I was totally detached. It was like going out with a stranger. I've been out with strangers before. Sometimes I got to know them better. Sometimes I didn't. That's about as far as I feel like I want to go right now.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm glad it went well. And that you had a nice dinner. It's a start in the right direction. Can't blame you for not being too eager.

((hugs))

Andy

:congrats::you_go_girl:

Though take it slow - Do it right - don't let them fall back into bad habits or pull you into new ones.

rejectedmom

Glad it went reasonably well Witz. Take your time. Don't do anything that isn't comfortable for you. As always we are here for you. -RM

meowbunny

Glad it went so much better than you expected. Your reaction is perfectly reasonable given everything you have gone through with him. These are true baby steps. Who knows, they may turn into something bigger and better, but if they don't, you have these baby steps.

witzend

Thanks, MB. I was thinking of you today. I'm sorry your daughter wasn't holding it together better today.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Rob and I are rebuilding our relationship very, very slowly. It continues to be a work in progress and it is several years now.

But the good news is that it can happen.

I hope it happens for you, too.

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
It's not easy to open yourself up for a big hurt, so I commend you for even showing up for the food......glad it wasn't the worst day of your life......Hoping maturity might show in your difficult children........tomorrow is another day........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Witz,

I thought about you on and off today hoping things would be positive.

As for me - no call, no nothing. No big deal. When it's something other than just another day? I'll let you know. I enjoyed the outdoors and sunshine and breeze -

Glad to hear your kids appreciated and remembered you! Hope it's a start for a healing time.

Hugs
Star

witzend

I'm sorry you didn't hear from Dude, Star. I was there the past four years. I doubt I would have heard from M if husband hadn't invited him. I don't know where it's going, but like Suz said, it's going to be a very slow process.

I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Sad to say, sometimes it's the Mother's Day that we didn't get the call that is easier to handle.

mom_to_3

I'm glad you felt some satisfaction with your day! It's always good to have stepping stones to try to reach across that pond. The pond that is our difficult child children. I really think with time, everything will be okay for you. We make mistakes, our children make mistakes, hopefully time has a way to soften those harsh, critical mistakes from both sides allowing us to grow kinder and more accepting of each other. Oh, I'm getting quite sappy huh? A girl can hope can't she?!