Its 12:00a.m. and difficult child is still not home UPDATED

AtThe Brink

My 14yo that is. He's been gone since 11 a.m. and I contacted the police right around 11:00a.m. How will I go to bed tonight not having any idea where he is? :scared: I just hope he's not outside. :frown:

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sorry to hear this. I'm sure you are terrified.
Keep us updated. Sending good thoughts that he is safe and warm.

meowbunny

It is so terrifying having your kids disappear like this. While you worry and fret and absolutely imagine the worst, they're having a great time hanging with their friends. Hopefully, he has come home by now.

As awful and sad as this sounds, I'd suggest you drug test him this morning if he has come home or when he does finally show up. If it comes out positive, find out what options are available to you. Some states/counties have great programs for young teens; others are abysmal. See what yours has.

For now, many hugs. I do know the sick feeling of your child missing like this.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending hugs and support - I too know how terrified you must feel right now. I hope the police are contacting all his friends, etc., to get a clue.

Let us know how it goes. Come and unload as well as update. Hugs~

ck1

Uugghhh! So sorry to hear your son has made this poor decision. I don't have experience with this, but wanted to offer my support as well. Praying he's found safe and sound very soon.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Don't know your story, but any clue whether he deliberately took off or does he lose track of time and just doesn't feel the need to tell you what he's up to?

Sorry for all the stress and hope he is located soon!

AtThe Brink

Don't know your story, but any clue whether he deliberately took off or does he lose track of time and just doesn't feel the need to tell you what he's up to?

Sorry for all the stress and hope he is located soon!

No. He is fully aware of what he us doing.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yes, I just read your other post. Sounds like his method for dealing with this is to run, so you have done what is required by reporting it to the police. It's a slippery slope when the authorities get involved, some are caring and others just want clear the crime off their desk and find someone to make restitution and they could care less what happens to who is involved. We have met very <u>few</u> of the caring kind.....

Sounds like he will be out of the house for awhile when he is located....or at least he should be....don't know that I have any words of wisdom, but certainly understand your situation....saying prayers your son still has a chance to change his thinking and someone can reach him.

ShakespeareMamaX

Have you called any of his friend's houses?

Chances are...he's in someone's basement... That was my hiding place of choice.

I wish you the best. Hopefully, he's OK and will decide to just face the music (assuming he's running from the chance of juvy).

&lt;3 You're in my thoughts &lt;3

Nancy

I'm so sorry, I know how worried you are because we've been through this. I read your story. Your difficult child sounds very much like ours was at 14, down to the running away, stealing money, and long police file since we called them everytime she was unruly.

I know the pit you have in your stomach right now not knowing where he is and afraid of what is going to happen.

I'm sending prayers and hugs of understanding.

Nancy

busywend

Thinking of you and sending out positive thoughts that your difficult child is safe and sound. I hope you hear something soon.

HUGS!