It's 3am, difficult child has been up since 1am

DDD

Yikes, I was hoping you had a different kind of difficult child. So glad to hear that reenforcements are on the way. Hugs. DDD

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Sorry Maxey. husband served in the eighties and early 90s and they didn't have a seperate system for "exceptional family members" at that time. It was handled through ACS and the DoD school systems.

I am sad to hear that the problems with having a difficult child can still impact "fitness for service" so badly. I know of a few people who were refused re-enlistment because of family issues and it stinks.

It does sound like there is more support there these days than there was in my time as an Army wife.

maxeygirls

I finally called the on-call psychiatrist for the hospital, he told me to increase her risperdal from .25ml to .3ml and told me that if her current dosage wasn't having any effect on her nighttime routine, I shouldn't expect much but that I really need to talk to difficult child's psychiatrist ASAP. I explained that I would love that but only get answering systems and fear that psychiatrist isn't even getting my messages for days. He emailed the office manager. I hope I didnt **** anyone off but I'm sick of having to practically go postal just to get a call back.

maxeygirls

UPDATE! YAY! psychiatrist just called me, the on-call had paged her. We discussed difficult child's disconnection with reality getting worse, the lack of sleep and the increased activity. psychiatrist said her risperdal is nowhere near enough for her metabolism and instructed me to change the dosages from .15 in the am and .25 in the pm to .25 in the am and .5 in the pm. She also wants bloodwork done first thing in the morning to see where we stand. I really hope this helps, but Im not holding my breath.
I can't help the feeling of relief over the fact that psychiatrist accepts difficult child's age and symptoms without doubt and addresses them quickly with a positive attitude. Praying for sleep for Mommy tonight, just a few hours in a row would be fantastic.

DDD

I thought about you last night as I was climbing into bed. Sure hope there was some improvement but perhaps it is too early to see results. Fingers crossed that you got some zzzzzz's. DDD