It's a dry heat and Tarantulas...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well I made it, kind of!!! I just wanted to say hi and that I am missing you all...
I am gone around a week and the board has changed!!! Not too much though. I will have to look through some of it.

It has been HOT, but you know I am doing OK with it, all of us are so far. It has been, 100-112 almost every day.
No monsoons yet, but they say they are just taking a break.

We do not have internet or phone or cable yet... maybe the end of the week? I am at the in-laws for the night. We are still waiting for the moving truck!:mad:
It is late.
We have been having to set up School stuff, buy junk for the house. All of the basics. It is impossible to move a lot of that stuff across the country in this heat!
I did pack most of my plants and candles in my van with the cats! They all made it. We shaved the long haired calico prior to moving. She is in heaven. We have only let her out a little bit with us!
So far lots of stress just wanting to get some stuff set up before the girls start school Thursday. But I guess the truck will arrive when it feels like it?
We have our psychiatrist apt on Tuesday. K has been kind of down, pretty down. I think the Seroquel is curbing her highs and ups... but not touching the lows and making them seem more intense. She is trying though.

I feel like I have gained 100 pounds... all we can do right now is eat on the run and easy food... BLAH.:tongue:

husband was walking up to the house yesterday and right on the side of the path to the door... HUGE Tarantula.
I actually went and looked at it. I took a deep breath an said lets just leave it and let it go on it's way. (So proud of myself). We came back today, it was still there and had not moved? So I said either it is doing some weird thing to catch food or it is dead. I threw some gravel near it and hit it's leg. No movement... it was dead. We are going to leave it and let it dry out!

Our front yard is overrun with Ground Squirrels. I am reading up and getting used to the BIG bugs and things here... Cacaroaches, big spiders, pack rats, lots of jack rabbits... Bob cats, coyotes, Javalinas...

So that is about it. School was of course confused, paperwork not transfered over, so they were not aware that we were coming! I did not want to start off on the wrong foot... I kept apologizing for the confusion. Even though we had done everything they asked. They found K's info, at another School and are having it sent over. Whew...

I will be back officially most likely next week. i am sorry I am missing out on anyone's struggles, joy's, happiness everything... I will be back to trying to support my friends ASAP.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hooray! Glad to hear you made it okay. Too bad about the mix up at school, but at least they're going to get it sorted out. Not your fault!

I think the monsoons hit in mid- to late August there... Hope the kids enjoy getting to know the new wildlife!

Good luck at the appointment Tuesday. We have our psychiatrist check-in on Thursday and need to talk about Seroquel also... the XR only holds difficult child 2 until the afternoon and then he's bouncing off the walls again, sometimes with considerable agitation. He doesn't like that it makes him sleep 'til noon or later every day (if I let him). He's missing out on a lot because of that.

Let us know how the appointment goes... and welcome to your new home!

Wow, what a lot you have going on! I hope it all settles down quickly and quietly for you. Big change eh?

School starts next Thursday? August 7th? Man that's early. Ours starts the 21st and I thought that was early. I think of the normal school year as being from early September to early June, but it seems like most nowadays go from mid-August to mid-May.

tiredmommy

I'm glad you made it safe & sound, but I'd be telling the truck to turn around because of the tarantulas. Eeew!!!

house of cards

Hang in there, you will feel alot better when you can have your house set up again and it will be easier to do things once the kiddos are in school.

klmno

Glad you made it!! I have some family that moved from the far northern US to Arizona- they said it took a little time to get used to it but it wasn't that hard because the heat is dry, which helped with allergies/asthma, and then they loved it and said they would never leave!!

Christy

So glad you made it! All those creepy crawly things is why my son loves to visit my sister in AZ. We were at an outdoor desert museum and there was a diamondback rattlesnake, right in the middle of the path (not part of the exhibit-lol). My son thought and my sister finding a scorpion in the kitchen wer the highlights of the trip!

Good luck with the psychiatrist and starting school!
Christy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Glad you have finally "landed".....Hope your truck shows up soon.....Don't think I could stand the heat.....eeewwww......(especially on top of hot flashes).....Hope next week is better.....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Toto

Glad you made it safely. Don't worry about us. We'll still be here when you get the time.

Just know we miss you.

((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would like a spider -

Trade you that big hairy tarantula for this palm sized ground, pack hunting, aggressive wolf-looking spider that has made its home on the porch.

I was on my way to get a rehoming jar - and saw it chase a gigantic palmetto (cacaroach) and get it - so I thought - WHO am I to interfere with nature? (that'll do spider tha'll do)

Glad you are there - did you get the zebra house or the cactus house?

Waiting to hear.
Miss you
Hugs
Star

KTMom91

Glad you made it...but I would not be happy about the bugs. I know, spiders are arachnids, they have eight legs, not six, and so on, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a bug.

Hope your stuff shows up soon and everything else goes smoothly!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The truck showed up! 10 hours today... they complained about the heat and their job the whole time. I felt guilty for paying them to do their job! Like I was asking too much from them???
It finally got unloaded, 3 days late and many hours later. No apologies. So we have a day to unpack and get the girls rooms together. In-laws leave and then apts. start. Plus school. We still have 1 or 2 things left on the School list for K.
We are in the middle of a monsoon! Lots of lightening and thunder. Only 95!

Star- we did not get either house! :(
We ended up in another one which is too big and very nice. It was this or the Zebra house... but the Zebra house had tenants that were not leaving, and it was all very suspicious.
The SD we are in has very few rentals, 2 at the time!
Today Anna-Belle our Calico chased a jackrabbit all over the yard. Until I whistled her in...(she comes when you whistle!)

I might be here at the inlaws one more day? Depends on how much we get done tomorrow. They are actually trying very hard, with the girls!

I have another post about the meeting with my long lost Father... I will post that when I have actual internet. In my own home...
It is so nice to read up here!