Its a Small World

susiestar

Roll With It
After All, it's a Small Small World!!!!!!!

The name of the guy who is filling the position husband is up for sounded familiar. I googled him and as it turns out I went to High School with him!!!

We didn't really have the same circle of friends, but were in some of the same classes. If he was on facebook I would friend him and let that do what it will. As it is, should I reach out and say "Hi"?

How would I say "hey, you are emailing with my husband for that job - he is the one M likes so much - he would be awesome for this job!" ?

Is there a tactful way to do this?

Mattsmom277

Hmmm, not sure here. I guess that you could always send a message such as "Well hello stranger, it's been a long time! Funny to see your name as the contact for a recent job my husband applied for. Gosh it's a small world. So you are in xyz field of work, how has life treated you otherwise? In the new age of internet and social networks etc, its become so nice to be able to catch up a bit with people from our "old lives" like back from high school. Hope that life HAS treated you well!". I wouldn't mention anything beyond that about husband applying for the job, and if he does contact back I wouldnt' at all mention husband's job situation or anything that could be construed as trying to fenangle for husband to be hired. But it certainly is more and more "the norm" to say hello via internet if you see someone from your "old days".