It's always nice when the cops call your house

mstang67chic

Going Green
Argh! Got a call a bit ago.....it's the police looking for difficult child. The officer wouldn't tell me much but when I asked what difficult child did, he said "I don't know yet but I need to talk to him". Of course, difficult child swears up and down that he hasn't done anything but I believe that about as much as I believe there really is a man in the moon made of cheese.

I'm glad husband is off this week. I don't really want to deal with it.

Jena

hi

i'm sorry that truly sux for lack of better. words. i'm glad your husband is off also, it's good to get a break from it!!

good luck

klmno

Ughh.... Well, maybe he's telling the truth. When difficult child is living at home police come by any time something happens in the neighborhood to 1) see if he's been at home during that time period, and 2) see if difficult child knows and will tell them anything about it or give them ideas of who to talk to. Half of this jurisdiction's finest has been to my house.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well...husband just left with difficult child to head to the police station. The story difficult child tried to feed us is that he and his friend saw some guys dumping stuff down by the river. The "stuff" was musical instruments and electronics. Including, as it happens, the two electric pianos that were in his room that he told us he bought at a garage sale with his graduation money. After the call from the police and husband's little chat with them.....I checked the pianos. One of them has a sticker on the bottom that says it is the property of a CHURCH!

So...we just loaded the pianos and difficult child in husband's truck and sent them on their merry way. Somehow, I suspect that IF difficult child comes home tonight, it won't be for long. But...I'm thinking the next time I see him will be in court.

So much for the apartment.

So much for him learning his lesson from his previous jail stint. Sticky fingers is one thing. I will NOT put up with a burglar living in my house.

klmno

Huh Oh...that doesn't sound good. I really hope he didn't steal anything- it is a real thorn in my side- but as you know, mine thinks nothing of it either, at least when it comes to stealing from me.

mstang67chic

Going Green
There's not much doubt in my mind that he did it. He's basically fessed up to us, hence the trip to the police station. I don't want stolen stuff in my house and I" m not giving him the chance to run. Not that he has any money or anywhere to go but still.

flutterby

Fly away!
Is it normal for people in your area to dump perfectly good electronics by the river? :rolleyes:

So sorry. Sounds like he's going to have to be hit upside the head several times before he learns.

klmno

Any chance he bought it from someone who stole it? I think that's still illegal, especially if the person knew it was stolen but maybe the charge isn't as drastic.

DammitJanet

If people dump perfectly good electronics by her river, I think Im going camping! LOL.

Receiving stolen merchandise is a crime, of course most folks have the sense god gave them to remove the evidence that the stuff belonged to a church!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you have to deal with this. Why is it that the most basic things that most people would to to cover up these things, like taking off the stickers that say it belongs to a church, are things our kids don't do? Heck, many of our kids convince themselves it isn't necessary to do stuff like that because "no one" will suspect them. Sadly the difficult children don't get that every parent, cop and other reasonable adult is named "no one" in situations like this!

Kudos for loading difficult child and the stolen stuff up and having husband take him to the police station.

I generally don't enjoy camping, but if I can find electronics just there for the taking, I will camp near you anytime!!!!

It IS a crime to receive or possess stolen property in every jurisdiction.

I just hope that they do something that makes an impression on your difficult child in a way that keeps him from doing similar things in the future.

Marguerite

Why would people steal perfectly good electronics, and therm dump it all?

Sorry kid, that excuse doesn't hold water (unlike those fictional electronics sinking to the bottom of the hypothetical creek...)

Marg

mstang67chic

Going Green
husband didn't get home till after I was in bed but I got the scoop this morning. Seems that difficult child and one of his friends has stolen a LOT of stuff. From......drumroll please.....a church, the Salvation Army and one other place that husband couldn't remember. A LOT of stuff. The part that has me befuzzled though is.....after confessing, writing a statment out AND bringing the pianos and a couple of other things with him to the police, they SENT HIM HOME.

WITH THE STUFF!!!! They said a) they would issue a warrant in a COUPLE OF WEEKS :slap: and come by today to pick up the stuff as they didn't have room for it last night. WTH???????

This makes sense. Let's give him even more time to either run or break into more places or even dump the evidence. OMG. But....husband has it all locked in the garage.

I'm about ready to go back to bed but I have to finish getting ready for work. I didn't really sleep much last night.

I'll keep you updated.

P

PatriotsGirl

Oh, honey. I am so sorry. The police know us very well here in our very small town. I cannot believe they sent him home!! And he is an adult?! WITH the stuff?? That is by far the most insane thing I have ever heard!!! How in the world do they expect any one to learn from that??

DammitJanet

You live in a very small town dont you?

They had no place to store it? Huh? How bout the evidence locker? I thought even the most rudimentary of police depts had one of them. Shoot, they would never convict Cory in that place! Even a PD could get a client off. "Well your honor, my client was tired when he wrote that statement. He hadnt had his medication and didnt understand exactly what he was asked. We can find no stolen property at his home or his parents home."