It's been a loooong winter break here

tiredmommy

Sigh. Things have not been good here. Duckie is still a basically good kid, don't get me wrong, but she is like fingernails on a black board. She has no boundaries with me and I'm losing it. I went to bed on Monday at 2PM to escape her because she refuses to behave respectfully or give me any space. I stayed in my room on Tuesday as well because I need the break. I just haven't had the patience that's needed to deal with her day in and out since I had to barricade myself in my room until husband got home on Super Bowl Sunday. Thankfully we will be seeing her therapist on Tuesday morning due to a cancellation. Good thoughts are appreciated.

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
Sending good thoughts your way! :cheerful:

I spend a lot of time in my room. Problem is - they want to be in there too. (sigh)

Hoping you get some answers at your appointment Tues.

jugey

You speak my language.

I, too, have days when I manage much better than others. Typically the last week of my cycle I'm totally useless and have zero patience. On those days it's best to disconnect or I might lose it and I hate it when that happens! The self loathing that follows is awful!!

Wishing you some peace!!

tiredmommy

Thank you for the responses. It's difficult to deal with a 13 year old female difficult child on a good day, and those are few and far between lately. I'm glad I'm not alone.

HMBgal

Thank you for the responses. It's difficult to deal with a 13 year old female difficult child on a good day, and those are few and far between lately. I'm glad I'm not alone.
It's hard to deal with a 13 year old that isn't a difficult child! I've been through it three times. Gah. I hope today is better.

helpangel

I understand with 2 teen girls in the house lucky if we get 10 good minutes a month around here. My room is like my "mom cave" though a week ago I had all 3 kids pile in on the foot of my bed and had a panic attack when they broke my box springs, if my back didn't feel better with that board shoved between box spring & mattress I would really be mad about that.

Sending hugs and hopes that eventually these teen years shall pass.

Nancy

tiredmommy

Duckie is an only, so that serves to make her innate 13 year old self-centeredness that much worse. Last night was spent by me repeating at least 50 times that "No, you may not have a sleepover here because I have an appointment in the morning". She's with a friend this evening but has been told to be home fairly early since she stayed up watching tv until 2AM last night and we have plans tomorrow morning. She's been advised that there will be hell to pay if she ruins my Saturday.

jugey

Wow....so similar! I had that exact experience last night and I had it the Friday before. I think I have it often. Ugh....the dreaded sleepover! I avoid it whenever possible. For some reason she hasn't realized that the more she badgers me for something, the less likely she is to get it. She gets stuck in a strategy and even though it doesn't work, she doesn't adjust or change course, to get whatever it is she desires.
Hope your Saturday plans are successful!

tiredmommy

They will not be because they are now abbreviated at best. I had wanted to go to a home and garden show with husband so we could look at some things for my yard but it turns out that Duckie has grossly underestimated the amount of work left on her science project. She chose to do an incredibly difficult one that involves geometry, mathematical proofs and even some computer planning. Her science teacher discouraged her because she felt she would not be able to help but Duckie got husband to agree to be her mentor on it. Well, it must be pretty much complete by Sunday night due to activities on Monday and Tuesday. She's gotten the research done, has written the proofs but now might the program to put the experiment in action... with husband.

So I lose (as usual).

jugey

I'm really sorry to hear that.
I hope you have a nice weekend, in spite of the detour, from your original plans.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

TerryJ2

I hear you! Actually, your note made me feel better, in a misery-loves-company kind of way. Either that, or I've had a touch of the flu. Just can't seem to do much but sleep and chores. Better today. {{hugs}}

jugey

LOL that's funny!
I'm gonna count up the days and hours too!
Perhaps we can get some other folks together on the luggage purchase for a group discount! ;)

jugey

Hahaha! That works too! Sometimes when I go to bed, I think to myself, "I'm one day closer to the end". Whatever the end is!! Then I go read a post or two in substance or emeritus and groan....seems it never ends!! I really had no idea parenting would be this hard! But then I'm also a believer in there being no mistakes. We're together for a reason.....I need her and she needs me. Sigh.....hard to take it all in sometimes.....on I go.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sending understanding hugs your way. Teenage girls are so difficult. Teenage difficult child girls are impossible!! So often I just want to escape. When easy child/difficult child was younger I just wanted to run away at times. Sending good thoughts your way. Hope all goes well with the therapist!