It's been about two weeks

Wiped Out

Staff member
and no violence from difficult child at home. He has had some issues at the after school program. In fact, he is not allowed back at the program til husband meets with them (could be me but since husband is at the school he will need to do it). Apparently he shoved another child who shoved him first (other child admits to it but he had an incident the day before as well when another child took away a ball-difficult child's reaction is always over the top).

It's the longest streak of him not being violent at home in a long time. Now mind you he is still very much difficult child-arguing, swearing, disrespecting, threatening violence, you name it-but no violence. I'm not sure it would take much to push him over the edge but for whatever reason he isn't being violent at home! I'm hoping maybe it's the increase in the Lamictal we started about two weeks ago and maybe due to some of the therapy we've been doing with him.

mum2JK&TH

:thumb: Way To Go for difficult child! I am pretty sure I actually heard you breath a little bit of relief, lol, I hope it keeps up.

TerryJ2

That's great!
Keep up the good work. I know how it feels to wonder if and when the other shoe is going to drop.

Sara PA

Hmmm, I wonder if there is something about the Topamax/Lamictal combo. Not the same thing, but my friend with TLE was never seizure free until he tried that combo. And doesn't Dammit Janet swear by it? (Janet, don't you love your Topamax but do best on the combo?) Do we know anyone else on it?

LittleDudesMom

Hey Sharon, that's really good news. Perhaps the it's the combo of both the medication and the therapy - I really think they go hand in hand. I'm keeping things crossed for your :angel:

Sharon

oceans

That is wonderful! I hope that as he reaches therapeutic levels that the improvement will continue and get even better!