it's confirmed

Jena

hi to everyone

needed a bit of a break, still do. nothing personal just had to take care of business here and keep my head clear. putting together alot of loose ends and taking care of business.

i got confirmation today that it is ms. i have 11 lesions, silly me i only located 6! i have radiologist report in hand. apparentley i've had it for quite sometime and the deterioration process has already begun. funny thing is that now since ive been to doctor and got confirmation etc my leg spasms are just about each night keeping us up. not difficult child for a change. she tapers down with her bs around 1 than my legs begin to rock and roll till about 4 or 5.

what can i say? thats life. ya just never know what will get you. i was praying it was lyme's even up till the report was in hand. lol

yup i'll be mad for a bit, than get over it. life's about turning lemons into lemonade so i'll be mixing up my best pitcher yet of it! i know other's have it, and cope very well. so will i.

i knew it though in my heart past few years how i've been feeling i knew something was not right. yet doctor's kept saying anxiety stress etc. than lupus, etc. yet ms kept coming up in conversations with various ppl that a friend of a friend knew etc.

anyway husband isn't home. i text him lol. half our life is texting. difficult child and i will be ordering in tonite, watching a movie and just taking good care of ourselves!

hope everyone is well.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, that just bites. Remember to work closely with your DR to find the best relief you can. I am not all that familiar with MS or it's symptoms, but I know there are a lot of folks here who are. Big hugs~

Mattsmom277

A/C is a good thing for sure. What kind of treatment protocol did you all discuss today? Hoping your neuro is up to date on latest treatments and has put you on a positive path to wellness. I always like to know how other docs treat MS patients and what approach they take. Always a good way to learn what to be careful of myself or what to ask my doctor about it that I might not have heard talk of before.

Jena

def. me in heat and me in ac i'm two different people this year. sheesh and we just booked mexico for our anniversary. ok you ready for this? i went to radiologist to get report because i was getting mad waiting. spoke to them, they confirmed it verbal and on report. spoke to liason confirmed it as well. have yet to talk to my dr!

hmm like what's up with that? let's hope it's just a slight slippage on his part. i liked this guy i'd like to keep him. he isn't that old he should be able to follow me for a while lol.

i called today for medications i can't take the leg spasms at night anymore, or the twitching each night. has yet to return my call. nto a good sign i'm thinkin

shellyd67

Jena, I am sorry to hear the news.

I am sure (knowing you from cyberspace) you are gathering as much info as you can.

A neuro that specializes in MS is a great choice.

I have no personal expertise but I do have a sister in law who has lived a very full life with MS and she was diagnosed over 23 years ago.

Take Care and I am here to chat if you need me. Shelly

susiestar

Roll With It
((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I am very sorry. I know this is the last thing you wanted, and surely the last thing you need right now.

Be patient with the doctor. The wait to hear from the doctor may be hard, but he likely has to wait on getting a written report from the mri people. Then the report has to be evaluated to see what the best ways to help you are. This can take some time.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So do you gets a prize for more legions? Or is Rome yours?

Not sure what you have/said/are affected with but MS bites badly. When you know what your course of treatment is going to be? Leme know. Like I said I have no clue what youre going through. Just sending hugs......and Romans.

Jena

thanks guys i am trying to be patient. we all know how charming i can be. it just all makes sense now the walking into walls, tripping, twisting my ankle, can't see right on road. it's been so many symptoms since i got bck from portland it's been insane.

i guess i was lucky that i got thru her two hospitals with-o this hitting me hard. infact wanna hear something creepy? each time i was at a hospital i was in perfect shape physically. each time it hit upon return home. than calmed again.

i was walking into walls last night, my kids get a kick out of it.

Steely

Many hugs.............gosh you have me starting to wonder if I have it, I have most of the symptoms you are talking about. Can't even think about that right now..............
Again........strength being sent your way.

TerryJ2

I'm so sorry, Jena. You are handling it amazingly well.
Interesting about the hospital visits. Perhaps despite it all, we can control certain things, to a point.
Best of luck with-your dr. I agree with-Susiestar about dr waiting for all the reports so he can pull it all together when he talks to you.
Let us know what he says and what sorts of medications and therapies he wants to do.
I'm glad you are able to take an evening to just chill.

Jena

i was watching movie with difficult child. didn't expect a call at 8:30.......

anyway he called and first thing he said is i'm looking at mri are you ok? he asked how the legs were, than he said listen you musnt' be sleeping at night at all you have alot of lesions.

i said all i want to know is is it progressive or remitting relapsing?? progressive means it just keeps going after my body with no 'well' periods inbetween. relapsing means just that. he said honestly i dont' know you have alot of lesions and all the symptoms almost daily now.

so he's calling in klonipin for me so i can sleep at night. he said he's not making me wait till june 24th to go in to see him, he'll call me at home and we'll discuss medication optoins. he said we need to get you on medications right away and i have to get an mri of the brain with contrast this time so he can see which ms it is.

so I don't know it hit me like a ton of bricks i just told a friend. i knew in my heart this whole time, report said so i guess he was the final word. i calmly walked into my infamous bathroom and cried for five minutes and than went back and watched movie with difficult child texted husband told him, he said he'd leave early and get ac in becaues the humidity is kicking my butt!

what can i say......... shake, rattle and roll please....... so we get relapsing ms and not progressive or i'll be looking into canes soon. he said when we met and after he examined me because you know me i joke about everything and difficult child was with me....he said you could wind up in a wheelchair. i said yup i know . hello difficult child in the room.

i'm freaked out, callling to schedule mri in the a.m. hate that i have something in my body that i can't control. it'll be just like difficult child's diagnosis ill go thru my stages. just can't believe the year i've had.

i sit shaking my head at this past year. all that's happened, all that i've been thru, sorry pity party mode. but it's the truth. this has been one heck of a year. i hope and pray that i get a handle on this disease that's got me and that i prevail, and find the good in it.

if it's progressive i'm probably going to flip out to be honest. i have so much more to do.

ok rattle on ladies :) please........

TerryJ2

I'm rattling as fast as I can! I hope you get some sleep tonight. And that the klonipin works well for you. And that you have relapsing ms rather than anything else you don't want or need. :sorrysmiley::Grouphug:

Jena

i was, yet having difficult child here with me helps keep my drama to a minimal. yet husband is heading home so i'll out pour on him. yes i'm scared, yes this bites, yes im not happy.

yet other's do live with this and do well. i'm just hoping i get the chance to do the same. im still in shock i think. i knew something wasn't right. ya know when you know.... and everyone kept saying anxiety. iwas like no that's really not me. im more the rambler...

i'm scared yet what can i do? not much i can do about this. that's what i hate i think the most. i cant' fix it.

keista

(((((HUGS))))) to ya. Not sure what I'm rattling for you , but if it makes noise, I'm in.

Positive thoughts and energy (whatever's left after today) headed your way.

H

HaoZi

I don't know what to say, hon. *hugs* and hang in there, hopefully doctor will have a good answer for you when he calls back.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Glad you have answers....so many times, that's the battle. Hope they get the medications started soon.
Hugs.