It's Friday!!!!! Good Free Choice Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: We've made it through another one! Good Friday Morning!

My cleaning crew comes this morning at 9:30. After they leave, I'm going to hit the gym and do my own finning thing for an hour. easy child is pool monitor today so she'll keep me safe!!!!!

After that I have a few errands to run then it's prepping for the opening ceremony of the Olympics party at my house tonight! I'm doing a whole bunch of finger food, beer and wine. I'm excited. You know were I will be after 7.

I hope this day is a good one for you and yours :peaceful:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, your day sounds like a great deal of fun! by the way, could you/would you send your cleaning crew here after they've finished at your house?

I have PT & speech thearpy today; kt's in home therapist will be making her last visit today & then kt heads out to respite at 3 this afternoon. Given my schedule this morning I have kt's PCA coming in at 9:30 to help her get ready for respite & maybe head out for a bike ride & picnic at the park while I do therapy.

Nothing else going on here today. A litttle of this ~ a little of that.

Enjoy your Friday!

Marguerite

G'day.

Sharon/LDM, the party tonight sounds great. Do you have to wait until then to watch the Opening Ceremony? It starts here in just under an hour. I'd like to stay up and watch it all, but I think it will go too late.

Linda, I hope you get some quality time in during kt's respite.

I've been caught up in some local politics today, I finally got fed up with the institutionalised bullying at the local school - the sniping at people who remove their kids from the school (for whatever reason). Someone said too much in an email, and I just snapped finally.
And you know what? I feel good about it.

And just now, easy child rang - AT LAST! She and BF1 are finally engaged! She said he told her that if they hadn't come to New Zealand with us last year, he would have proposed sooner. I'm not wearing THAT one. He's been waiting to propose for 18 months or more! His mother will be very happy, too. She's always liked easy child and wanted to see them settled before she dies. This might give her something to hold on for. Now she has to try and live until next year.

So it's really happy news tonight. And on a date that can't be forgotten - 8-8-08! From the timing, I suspect he really did wait until 8 minutes past 8 pm to ask her. I wouldn't be at all surprised. He's a bit Aspie, this guy.

With an auspicious date like that, surely they should have a wonderful life from here.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-It really does sound like you have a fun day planned. The party for the opening ceremony is a great idea-wish I had thought of it!

Linda-I'm glad you have a respite weekend coming up. Enjoy!

Marg-Congrats to easy child!!! What a great idea on the timing of the proposal. I'm glad you had your chance to speak your peace on the school bullying issue!

We picked up difficult child this morning and dropped him off at camp. He was in a good mood which was nice to see.

This morning someone is coming in to shampoo our living room carpet and then we'll hit the club at some point.

It is nice to have the ac off and the windows open-it will only be in the 70s today!

Wishing everyone a fun Friday.;)

Happy Friday All!

Sharon, please do send your cleaning crew over here after they're done there. There's lots of work here for them :). The finning and the party sound wonderful - do have a great time.

Linda, It sounds like a busy day. I hope that your PT and speech therapy go well and are not too tiring.

Marg - How exciting about easy child! 8/8/8 is definitely a day to remember. I know it has to feel great to see easy child to move on to the next step.

Sharon 2, I know that you are glad to have some cool weather. I hope that difficult child enjoys the camp.

Today is the last day of summer break here, school starts for difficult child on Monday. To that end, I have begun meeting with his teachers for this semester. I just met with his forensic science teacher this morning. I can tell that we are going to really like her.

Two of our nieces and their three little daughters , (3, 3, and 6) just left after a several day visit with us. We don't get to see them often as one lives in California and the other just finished up her residency in psychiatry at Walter Reed Hospital in the Difficult Child area. She has just been reassigned to Fort Knox and is in the process of moving there. She spent the last year working with children, so as you can imagine we had a lot to talk about. She recommends the Explosive Child to many of her patients' parents. That was good to hear! It's very interesting to watch her relate to difficult child. We had a wonderful visit, but I must say that I am totally exhausted. I'm not sure that I'm ready for grandkids yet! easy child came along to visit so he'll stay for the weekend. We're always happy to have him at home.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!