It's Friday!!!!! Good Free Choice Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:jumphappy: I hope you have woken with a smile this morning because we made it through another week!

I've been up a little over an hour. I keep thinking about everything I have to do today. I've the cleaning crew coming this morning while I'm at the gym, but I have tons of little things to do to prepare for the yard sale tomorrow :stalker:.

difficult child has early dismissal today at 11:45 so my running around time is limited. I've got of couple of the guys that work for us arriving at 5:30 tomorrow morning to start schlepping stuff out of the house! I also finally found someone to come and get all the leftovers. That was a big piece! Nothing is coming back in the house!

easy child and I watched the debates last night and I've made my final decision regarding who I'm voting for :secret:. In my opinion, the inherent differences between the parties was very clearly defined last night. I didn't feel they were as pronounced at the presidential debate. It's cool watching easy child take such an interest since she's voting this year.

I probably won't be in touch until Sunday morning. Have a great Friday and make a great Free Choice :salute:

Sharon :pumpkin:

Marguerite

G'day, family.

Sharon/LDM, good luck with the garage sale. I find it interesting that you saw convincing differences between the candidates in the debate - I didn't watch all of it but our Aussie media reported that both VP candidates seemed very evenly matched.

We've had a scorcher of a day here - 36 C (96.8 F) here, it reached 38 C (100.4 F) and higher to the west part of Sydney. That is the equal hottest spring day ever, for Sydney. It's still steamy tonight, after sunset. I'm feeling the heat in singlet & shorts. I got the drip irrigation set up on my vegetable bed this afternoon, I left it running from the tank for two hours. I would have left it going longer, but there is some rain forecast. husband & I are watching the storm clouds (on the satellite link online). Unusually, the storm is coming from the west and right now is trying to get over the Blue Mountains. Will it reach us? We hope so.

Tomorrow is forecast to be cooler, only 23 C. Mind you, that is still a pleasantly warm spring day.

The poor budgies were feeling the heat today. Our boy budgie landed on my finger and the heat in his feet - poor darling. So I mist-sprayed him and the female with some water to cool them.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday Friends!!

Sharon-How cool that easy child is so interested in the election. I remember very much voting in my first election. Best of luck with the garage sale tomorrow. You have been preparing for this for a long time!

Marg-That sure is a hot day, especially for spring! We only hit 90 once all of summer (of course, it was the first day of school and we had no ac). I hope the rain comes your way!

I am so happy Friday is here. It's been a long week with work, a sick husband, sick kiddos, and a sick dog. Our dog is now on antibiotics and special food for awhile but it is nothing long term and she will be fine.

Tonight easy child cheers at their homecoming game. We'll all be there including difficult child. I think he should do o.k. as he doesn't have to be still or quiet.

Wishing everyone a very happy Friday:autumn:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon (ldm), the debates did nothing more but confuse me. This is the first election since I achieved voting age where I hadn't made a decision by now.

Marg, nice summer weather for you & yours. Keeping fingers crossed for rain.

Sharon (with-o), I hate sick tje family scenario especially when I'm the one expected to do the TLC mom thing - even to husband. :bigsmile: Is there generally a "miracle" cure around 4 pm Friday afternoon at your house as well? Just curious.

"hi' if you snuck in.

kt is off to respite this afternoon; about an hour after she gets home from school (time enough for her in home therapist). She put together her suitcase & is all ready for the weekend.

I'd like to get out to Michael's & pick up a few things for wm visits. husband & I will be going out to visit with him tomorrow afternoon.

Have a good day all.

Marguerite

I just checked the radar again, the storm is getting closer. It has crossed the Blue Mountains. A smaller cell has already crossed the coast south of us. The next one should hit us, maybe another hour or two. Here's hoping - it will be a very hot night without it.

husband didn't have his usual cup of tea when he got home - instead, I made him some sangria, chilled fruit, juice and wine. He's stripped to the waist waiting for the cool to arrive.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad your dog is going to be OK. I hope difficult child does OK at the game - it's good for them to be able to let off steam in socially appropriate situations.

Linda, I hope you find some nice things for the wm visits.

It's after 9 pm here and it's still 30 C (86 F). I don't think I'll need my winter pyjamas tonight!

Marg