It's infected - WHINE warning

flutterby

Fly away!
The wisdom tooth that was extracted Tuesday had infection in it. The dentist said that the infection should have come out with the tooth and since I bled for hours, it probably bled the infection out.

It didn't. It is throbbing. I feel like there is this pulsating heartbeat on the side of my face that should be obvious to anyone who looks at me. The lymph node on that side is swollen and it hurts to swallow because of it.

AND

To top it off, I'm coming down with what difficult child had. I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

I hate that easy child is unemployed, but he picked a good week for it. I've needed him to get me and difficult child to appointments. He's such a good son.

(by the way, he has some really good interviews lined up next week. Good thoughts would be much appreciated.)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If you're coming down with something that's why the wisdom tooth is doing its thing so nastily.

Swish with salt water, 5-6 times a day - 1 tsp salt to a cup of water. Hot tea is good too - plain tea or chamomile.

I've had a lot of work on my teeth...

FEEL BETTER - HUGS!!!

witzend

That's some of the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Don't try to tough it out, go see your doctor.!

flutterby

Fly away!
They called in antibiotics. I can always go in tomorrow if I need to (the only dentist in today is the one I refuse to see - long story). Plus, I have another appointment on Wednesday.

Thanks for letting me whine. I'm so weak, I couldn't even stand long enough to get all my medications together. easy child got them out for me and brought them to me.

flutterby

Fly away!
To top it off, I think I have dry socket, too. The blood clot that covers it and promotes healing is gone. It was there when I went to bed and gone when I got up. Part of it has closed up, but the part that hasn't - I can see down to the bone.

Definitely going to the dentist tomorrow.

I'm alternating vicodin and ibuprofen and it's not cutting it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
That's some of the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. Don't try to tough it out, go see your doctor.!

Heather, witz is SO not joking. I'd rather have a broken toe than my teeth hurting. ANY day of the year.

Hope you are able to get some antibiotics in your system ASAP, it will help.

One thing, if you can FIND it - ketoprofen, 12mg - seems to work pretty well. Orudis KT is the only brand name I have seen recently, and that's been a while. The stuff is awesome.

flutterby

Fly away!
875mg of amoxycillin (sp). 3 doses and it's helping already. :thumbsup:

I've had tons of work in my mouth, too. It stinks.

Alternating the vicodin and ibuprofen is working now. By last night, I wasn't alternating every 2 hours...I could go 4. That was nice.

Thanks for the tips! Still can only eat soft foods, though. And the kids made pizza yesterday. Not fair!

trinityroyal

Oooh. Dry socket. I've had a few of those in my time. So not fun, especially on top of an infection and the existing pain from having the tooth extracted in the first place.

Glad to hear that the amox. is starting to knock out the infection, and that the pain control is working. And yes, the children were cruel to make pizza when you can't eat it. When you're feeling better, you should take your revenge by making something mom-only and very delicious!

Sending all the get-well vibes that I can muster.
Trinity