Its just tooo hot!!!!

Babbs

I live in the Pac NW and like most folks up here don't have air conditioning.

It has been soo hot in my apartment that the peanut butter melted in my pantry - had to use a spoon to spread it on the bread because it fell off the knife. It's still 88 degrees outside at 10:30pm.

It's just toooo hot to breathe!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yes, I read about your record-breaking heat wave! I'm so sorry you guys are getting hit with something you simply cannot be prepared for!

I think I'd be setting up camp in front of my freezer :D

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry you are experiencing such heat. About 3 years ago our ac broke and we had record heat like what you are describing. I almost checked into a hotel just to cool off!
This is definitely a strange summer. We are usually in at least the mid 80s and we've barely hit 80 this summer-lots of 70 degree days. Today we're going to be lucky to hit 70.

maril

I hope you have a lot of fans but would guess they probably don't help much when it gets that hot. :hot:Sorry to hear you have no AC!

Where I live in the NE, it has been unseasonably cool and rainy this summer; I don't mind the cool days so much but others here are very disappointed - they want some fun in the sun.

I am crossing my fingers that you will have better weather coming your way and get some relief.

goldenguru

Wow. We are having the exact opposite weather here. This morning the thermometer only reads 50 degrees. My house is chilly. Perhaps we could trade weather patterns for a few days?

Can you keep your peanut butter in the fridge?

Fran

Former desparate mom
Seems like a hot summer for us but this is only my third in NC. I'm not wild about 90 degree's or above but I keep watching the calendar. It's got to cool down soon.

Hope you get a break from the heat too.

Andy

I saw your weather on the weather channel and thought, "So there is where our warm/hot summer weather got to."

I also hate anything over 75/78 degrees but our not even to 70s weather is so strange. We wore winter coats taking money at the county fair earlier this month when we are usually fighting for shade whenever possible on that job.

So, you may send some (not all please - just enough to cool off - you don't want to be too cold either) of the heat to the midwest area of the US.

Check any chocolate bars and other soft foods you may have laying around - they may end up like your peanut butter.

M

ML

We too are experiencing a cold front. It was in the 50s yesterday! It's typically in the 90s. Crazy. I'll try to blow some of this your way :)

DammitJanet

I saw that on the news last night. It appears that the heat is in the upper west coast and the south east. At least down here in the south east we expect it and have air conditioners. I would be searching for some sort of shelter with no ac because I have a medical condition that makes it hard for me to regulate my body temp. I hate hot weather!

I dont know if you are having humidity too but one thing that I know can help is darkening rooms...even if only with black trash bags, putting box fan in a window to get whatever breeze there is, and getting a very thin cotton nightgown and wetting it slightly...lay in front of fan. When nightgown dries...do over.

witzend

Yes, it's supposed to "cool down to only 98 today." Even the AC in the car isn't enough. It's not as bad here in the 'burbs, as many more people have AC in the newer houses. But in Portland proper, less that 1/4 of the houses have AC.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Before we left Idaho, we started getting hotter and hotter than normal. Each summer we started getting 2-3 weeks of 90-100 during the summer.
I would have to get up very early and open all of the doors and let the breeze blow through. Shut everything up and then start the fans.
We were lucky though we lived on the lake. But it was still more than we were used to.
I hope you guys get a break soon.

It is hard when you live somewhere that is not prepared for the heat.

I am in AZ now and we have been above 100 for months now, but we expect it. If it drops to upper 90's we are joyous!
We plan our days around trips to the store! LOL

When we went to Chicago a couple of weeks ago we were expecting it to be hot and muggy... it was in the 70's and low 80's. I was freezing!
It was so funny to be freezing.

jbrain

My son who lives in Seattle called last night to tell me they'd broken the hottest day ever record--103 degrees! He works as a cook in a restaurant that is not air conditioned and he said it was miserable working, plus they hardly had any customers.

I'm concerned about my difficult child 1's baby--they also live there and are camping (she plans to move into a trailer soon). I hope the baby isn't suffering too much in the heat--I think they are on the water though so maybe that will help.

I feel sorry for all of you in the Pacific NW!

Jane