It's Miss KT's birthday...duck and cover!

KTMom91

This has disaster written all over it...to quote Annette Bening in The American President.

My mother is having a birthday party for Miss KT, and apparently is angry that Hubby and I are not hosting it. I told Miss KT that if we got her a car, that was it, because we couldn't afford to do party and presents after that. Miss KT said she was fine with that. On the guest list, front and center, are Useless Boy and his mama, both of whom hate my guts. The older my mother gets, the more bitter and angry she becomes. She no longer calls me to chat, and barely talks to me when I call over there. So, I don't call very often. I did talk to her yesterday, and she was making sarcastic comments about Hubby's family regarding the party. I don't know if this is because she is making "this supreme sacrifice, putting my life on hold, to raise YOUR child", although she's the one who started that ball rolling. or exactly what her problem is. I'm not sure I want to know either.

If you happen to have some spare prayers, or beads to rattle, help us get through this afternoon without any fallout. I want Miss KT to have a nice birthday.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just ran through the house naked and yelled out prayers and chants with bead wrapped all over me...

I hope it works!!! Sounds like you need it or a drink...

Star*

call 911........call 911
......I think TOTO was happy to see the water boy - but.........

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS KT -

everywoman

I hope Miss KT has a very happy birthday, and then totally disregards grandmas for doing it for her and grandmas can see that this is not your fault..

klmno

Happy Birthday Miss KT!!! I hope she had a great day to remember and that you didn't have any big events to remember (other than her b-day)!!!

KTMom91

Thank you all for your prayers and dances.

The party went very well...my mother was being most polite, and not a cross word was spoken. Useless Boy and his mama literally left the room when Hubby and I walked in. I admit I did follow them around off and on during the afternoon, but neither of them spoke to me at all. Not hello, goodbye, kiss my patootie, nothing. Which was fine, and even got to be funny as it became more obvious.

Miss KT got lots of birthday money, so she's going clothes shopping tomorrow. Hubby and I didn't give her a gift, because she's driving it, but we got her favorite "triangle" chocolate (from the rat), a Van Gogh poster (from the dog), and a box of Otter Pops, her all time favorites (from the cats). She ran right in and put the Otter Pops in the freezer.