It's MY fault if he breaks up with-his new girlfriend because THEY couldn't plan ahead

TerryJ2

The school dance is tonight. difficult child is in 7th gr. 2 wks ago, I asked him if he wanted to go. He said no.
Just now, he told me he wants to go. His new girlfriend wants to go all of a sudden. I called the school and the receptionist said that all the tickets are sold out. Plus, Wed. was the last day for sales.
He texts his girlfriend and she sends him a photo of the ticket, so he can copy it onto the computer and print it off, basically, forging a ticket and getting in free.
I said that was against the rules.
He said "Fine, I'll walk by myself and go anyway."
Okay.
He said he was going to text his girlfriend to tell her I didn't care if he went to the dance, I wouldn't help, and it was all my fault.
I said fine, plus, tell her I would have helped if you'd planned ahead.
He gets a text from her and her mom is a chaperone. She is going to meet him at the door and let him in.
Yeah, we'll see.
He just screamed at me so loudly and closely I got spit in the face.
He refused to let me shut the door and then said "F-you"
life is fun!

TerryJ2

We shall see ...

if this goes the way the ice skating incident went, the girlfriend will show up for 2.5 seconds, chicken out, and go home. And talk her mom into going home, too. ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well EVERYTHING is YOUR fault Mom.....and then they grow up, move away get a wife and then EVERYTHING is THEIR fault.

DammitJanet

Step is right Star...boys grow up, get a wife or girlfriend, and hopefully move out (or not) and everything is still MOMS FAULT!

shellyd67

Oh geeze, so what your telling me is it will always be my fault ? I am the blame of everything according to difficult child.

Terry, although I don't condone your difficult child sneaking into the dance, some part of me hopes he does have a good time. I am hoping that he is let in to the dance legitimately though.

I am curious to see how this all pans out ...

TerryJ2

His new girlfriend decided not to go because difficult child couldn't go.
So they texted one another all night.
Sheesh.

TerryJ2

husband promised to have a family talk with-difficult child to get him to see the error of his ways and to apologize to me.
I bet *I* get to remind everyone tomorrow because husband is the master of avoidance ...

4timmy

Oh I am soooo there with you on this one! Luckily, though, difficult child doesn't have a girlfriend YET. He always says "No" to school events and then when all his friends start talking about going, he's immediately blaming me for not signing him up. I've decided to just sign him up for everything and assume he's going. It's worth the drama.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ya'll read it wrong -

I said - Men have a mom and blame them for everything -

and then.....Oh....so he thinks I'm .......(laughs)............(Capital one goat.......NAH nAH NAH)

BUYS BIG OLE MIRROR for wedding present.........

TerryJ2

LOL!

Well, husband never brought it up so I did.

I recapped what had happened and asked difficult child what sort of punishment he thought he should have.

[I don{t know, I can{t read your mind.[

)Sorry about the weird symbols, I{m on my daughter{s hard drive=

It went downhill from there. However, difficult child did not raise his voice too much, and did continue the conversation in a halfway civilized manner. When he wouldn{t agree to write an apology note to me, I told him fine, I{ll take away your phone, TV, games etc for 3 hrs while Dad and I go to the bookstore. That way you can think about it in more depth.

He got very agitated about that''no phone!! and said he{d do other chores to make up for it.

I told him it was too late, and husband told him we could cut off his phone through the company, never mind the handset.

He really got upset and started following me out the door. [What can I do_ What kind of chore_ All right, I{ll write the note!

So much for remorse.

I gave him a list of things to do, plus the note. Did not give him the TV-game cord back, though.

In the car, husband said difficult child is never going to be remorseful. I said fine, but he can learn by rote memorization, the way sociopaths do. I{m not just going to give up.

When we got home, difficult child had cleaned up the candy wrappers around the LR chair )I have no idea how he can surround himself w-such clutter=, had taken some of his clothes to the laundry room, put some of his clothes in drawers, and had written an apology note.

I told him that tomorrow he has to wear a belt, and tonight he has to brush his teeth. I{ve got to get all I can out of this! )Especially if he doesn{t feel any remorse.=