It's No Meltdown Monday - Good Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:gingerbread: Good Morning All!

Not only is it No Meltdown Monday, it's the big 50 for me :hapBday:! I've not much on the agenda today. A quick run to the grocer for some much needed "regular" food (as opposed to holiday food!), would like to hit the book store for my 2010 date book, and then a little celebration here tonight.

I send Birthday wishes to Linda (Timer) as we share this day :christmasgift:.

Have a great day all.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Sharon/LDM, happy birthday! enjoy your celebration. it is highly significant for you to be buying your new diary on your 50th birthday - a symbol of your direction in life and your forward thinking.

I bought my new diary today too. I needed to buy not just a fresh insert, but a new diary itself. My current one is a cheaper, slightly smaller model which has made it difficult, pages get damaged and crushed.

We also bought other things. Not just the digital flt screen TV we bought yesterday, but without needing to go gently for mother in law's sake (as we have needed to do when she comes shopping with us lately) we trekked around to a number of stores we meant to go to yesterday (we didn't go, because we had to take mother in law to hospital as soon as she would let us) and shopped around for a cooktop. mother in law has been nagging us to buy this, she gave us money towards this last Christmas. Or was it the year before?
Well, at last it has become urgent, our current cooktop is 28 years old and would cost us almost as much as a new cooktop just to replace the damaged parts.

What did we buy? An induction cooktop! Of course, this is going to be awkward with our old (but high quality) saucepan set, which is non-magnetic. It looks like we'll be swapping our really good set with easy child 2/difficult child 2's cheap and nasty stuff. At least hers is magnetic!

Due to public holidays, we can't call in a tradesman until Wednesday, although I will try tomorrow. It's going to be a tricky job to replace this, we'll need to re-shape the hole in the kitchen bench. The new cooktop is smaller, we're going to have to patch the larger hole.

Meanwhile difficult child 3 is highly motivated to help tidy up so we can instal the new TV (and move the old one). He's already taken down the Christmas tree, he's putting it away as I type this. Tomorrow I'll try to get his help to tidy away some other rubbish so we can rearrange furniture. easy child 2/difficult child 2 & SIL2 are planning on visiting tomorrow, I will probably enlist her to help tidy her old room, choose what we can get rid of and what she wants us to store for her.

It's been cold and wet here, surprisingly so. The rain cleared up this afternoon, the weather is moving back towards summer, although more rain is forecast later in the week. This rain has come across form the inland (that is rare) and while farmers in general are very happy, rivers in country towns are flooding. The warnings are going downriver and people are preparing, building up levees, moving stock to higher ground. I need to ring my sister, she moved house just after easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding and now lives in much lower ground, closer to the river in her town. And it is flooding there. They'll be OK, but this will be a test of how safe their new home is, from floodwaters.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-Happy Birthday!!!:hapBday: Enjoy your day:)

Marg-Sounds like difficult child 3 is really doing a lot to help out! Do you want to have a talk with my easy child and difficult child to get them to do the same?-lol A new stove top sounds like fun as does the new tv!

We had a very peaceful day yesterday. easy child has been very pleasant which helps and difficult child was at respite.

This morning we would like to get to the health club and I'm hoping to get some time in on my Wii Fit Plus (although I have noticed that since I started working out using it the ankle I sprained in November has been bothering me a bit).

We also have to get some packing done as we are leaving tonight for Michigan and won't be back til late on New Year's Day. We have a very nice New Year Eve planned as we're going to play games with the kids and just hang out at my sister in law's. we'll also be able to see father in law who is back in the hospital and had to have another toe amputated.

This afternoon we have to pick up difficult child from respite and take him to a therapist appointment. Then home so we can get a quick nap before taking off to Michigan.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: