It's No Meltdown Monday - Good Morning!

LittleDudesMom

Good Monday Morning everyone!

Monday sure did come around soon and so did 5 am!

Had a nice relaxing weekend with difficult child. We started off relaxing together on Friday after the first week of school. difficult child went up and took a two hour nap after he got home from school Friday! Saturday we went to see the 4th Resident Evil movie that just came out. Yesterday I canned some blueberry jam and he and I ended the day watching the True Blood season finale together. It was a nice weekend.

Today is about getting things going again! Laundry, house cleaning, and waiting for the plumber. The wax ring on my guest toilet failed and I had a water leak on my living room ceiling! He's coming today to replace the ring, but the ceiling can't be repaired until everything dries out - perhaps a week or more! So I have a nice gaping whole in my living room ceiling! Naturally, since he's going to be here, I found a couple other things I wanted done........

Hope your Monday follows the No Meltdown Rule!!!

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! Hope u have a great day! Sharon- Glad u had a nice weekend. :D
Playing Taxi once again today. Hugs Rabbit

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, go ahead and take advantage of the presence of a handyman. When everything's opened up so you can get at it, it is the best time to get as much fixed as possible. That's how I get my dentist to do things when he's working in my mouth - "darling, while you're in there anyway, there's another cavity that will be easier to get to now you've drilled out the tooth next to it."

Rabbit, parent taxis don't get paid enough.

We had a productive day today. I was hoping to give difficult child 3 an exam, but I had my cleaner in, and she happened to be right in the middle of the day. No chance to fit in a 2 hour exam paper for difficult child 3. No time before, no time after and having someone else in the house is impossible, for exams.

Tomorrow we have a day in at school again (we're doing these roughly weekly) then back to our district for difficult child 3's drama class. husband has the day off, I did suggest he stay home and enjoy pottering in his workshop, but he's coming with us.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING
I am going to have to make this short. The bus just turned around five minutes early and difficult child was not ready. I am not dressed so gotta start moving to get him to school.

Not sure how the No Meltdown Monday rule is going to work today. difficult child had an "episode" last night (an anxiety symptom) which is scaring him. He is afraid it will happen again today. That and the fact he got into a little physical tiff with another kid who put him in a choke hold. I told him to stay away from that kid. We will see!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

Yes, Sharon, Monday sure did come around rather quickly this morning! Enjoy your day and I hope you're able to get everything done!

Rabbit, try to enjoy your taxi time by listening to some nice music, opening up the windows a bit and looking around you at the wonder of nature.

Completed one class's homework last evening, watched a portion of the VMA's (blech) and today I will try to finish the other class's homework. I am in the office today and I'm hoping I have an hour where I can do that...after I get all my work done, of course!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good monday morning folks.
Sharon, yuck about a water leak into the living room ceiling. I hate water damage. It is so darn insidious. You find damage and smell mold so quickly in our hot, humid states. Sounds like a nice weekend.

Rabbitt, enjoy taxi day.

Marge, hope difficult child 3 does well with the exams. Sounds like he is keeping up pretty well. I was wondering how you wound was doing? Last I recall it was weepy and tender.

Andy, Yikes about the bus being too early. I hate starting the day in a bit of a frantic state.

H&R hope you can get your homework done. I'm sure it will make going through the work week easier.

husband has left to return home. I'm staying until tomorrow night to finish more moving in chores. This afternoon, difficult child will visit and get oriented to the new program. Cross your fingers, rattle worry beads, send angels that this is a good fit and difficult child takes to it. I know difficult child is worried about all the change but husband will be here next week for work and will stay with difficult child for an afternoon and one night. In the meantime, one of my sisters has invited difficult child and one of his classmates to her house for dinner. So it's small steps to reacclimate difficult child to this area.
difficult child is trying but I am pretty sure living in an apartment with difficult child and husband may do me in. Way too much testosterone for me in a small space.

Have a productive Monday everyone.