It's No Meltdown Monday! Good Morning...

LittleDudesMom

:snowing: Good Morning!

I've been up for about an hour and a half - when I woke it was raining and now it's snowing! Temps are dropping and we expect a couple hours of the white stuff. Nothing like the midwest and the north have experienced, but snow nonetheless is an excuse for happiness around here :snowangel:!!!!

I will be hitting the grocer after dropping off difficult child this morning - the store I went to Saturday didn't have some of the supplies I need for baking so I'll try another one. I've a couple gifts to take to the postoffice and then home to start the baking. Laundry will slip in there somewhere and getting all the wrapping I did last week/this weekend from my office upstairs to the tree in the family room! A busy Monday, but good stuff!

I hope your Monday is a good one and your difficult children get the Monday Memo :please:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Monday.

Sharon, that snow sounds beautiful! I'm jealous.

Today was another summery day here. I was in a meeting all day, at difficult child 3's school. It's very close to the heart of Sydney, literally around the corner from Russell Crowe's place (he and Danielle live on Finger Wharf, there's a millionaire's development there, lots of exclusive apartments). Apparently he and Oprah were out on Sydney Harbour today. We left there at about 2 pm, I dropped one of the teachers off at her car then drove to the uni to collect husband. I could hear a helicopter overhead (we were still near the Harbour) - apparently it was Oprah, filming overhead. So when you see the footage on her show and look down and see Sydney traffic - we'll be the ones in the white van!

We got home, cooked dinner at mother in law's (rack of lamb and roast vegetables) but I had to eat and run, an impromptu choir practice. Just got back home.

I have another staffing meeting at school on Wednesday but tomorrow is a day off hopefully at home, maybe the beach but I've got a trace of redness, I will need to be very careful to not damage my skin to the extent of sunburn. I might go down to the beach later in the afternoon when it's safer. But about that time I will need to take difficult child 3 out for his drama class, so I don't know how we will fit it in. Plus more rain is forecast tomorrow - right when Oprah is filming, out of doors, it's likely to rain. After the days of beautiful perfect summer weather we've had. I hope Oprah's US guests have been careful in the sun - it's bad enough for those of us who live here whose skins are a bit more acclimatised, but to come here from the US with winter-white skin and then be right out in it, especially up north at the Barrier Reef... I hope they're OK. A bad sunburn can really hamper your enjoyment.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

H

HaoZi

School here canceled last night, luckily one of the neighbors can watch kiddo. 18 degrees and going to be fun trying to pry open the truck doors today, they like to freeze shut. Hoping the lock hasn't frozen again. Hate this weather.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (LDM), I'm happy you are getting some of the white stuff your way...:snowing:!!! It's about 50 degrees and raining here. I'll take the rain over the snow, lol... Enjoy your busy but fun day:christmasgift:...

Marg, I'll make sure to look for your white van, lol... Hope you enjoy your day off - You definitely deserve it!!!

HaoZi, Glad you found someone to watch your difficult child today. Hope your lock isn't frozen!!! STAY WARM!!!:hot:

I hope everyone who was in the path of the blizzard is safe!!! We're expected to just get rain for the next couple of days. Even though it's unseasonably warm, I'm still FREEZING, lol...

Even though it was raining, husband put the wreath on our front door yesterday. My "favorite sanity saver" who usually hates rain, had to "help", lol... I finished all of my holiday shopping and most of the wrapping. It's hard to believe that Christmas is almost here and the year is almost over...

Hope everyone has a good day... :rudolph:... SFR