It's O.K. Breathe, Chicken Lady, BREATHE!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband just called. He's on his way back from lunch with a former co-worker who's interested in hiring -- no, make that DETERMINED to hire him!!!

This is the job that a headhunter called about a few weeks ago, but husband turned down because of the commute. We didn't know what company it was at all. Then last week this other guy calls and turns out he works there and is the one looking to hire someone.

It's exactly what husband wants to do. The guy says he's interviewed 50 people and husband is really the person he'd rather hire because he's seen what he can do at the previous company and it's exactly what he needs help with! :D

So despite the fact that it's about a 20%+ pay cut, and a huge commute (likely 2 hours each way) which will cut significantly into husband's family time (which he truly cherishes), he told them to go ahead and set up the HR interviews. As long as he passes that part, it's essentially a done deal!!!

I am sitting here in shock! Relieved, but still in shock. He could be hired by the end of next week!

I told him that I think this is a smart move and that no one will blame him if something better comes up (like another spot we know may be opening up in the near future -- we just don't know when -- at a MUCH closer company, with likely better pay and benefits) and he decides to leave. We can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thank you to everyone who's kept us in they're prayers. I know there are many of you who have been in the same unemployment boat, or worse, and I will continue to pray for your families.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Things work out the way they are meant to. :) I firmly believe that.....and have had it run home to me enough over the years..... Even though we may not quite understand the why of it at the time.

Good for husband. Now if my husband could only find something before I kill him....................

susiestar

Roll With It
Praying that things work out for you!!! Seems everyone here is putting off decisions until the New Year. So for over a month nothing will happen for us.

I am so thrilled for you. Even with the cut it is better than nothing. And you are right, no one will blame him if he takes another job. But, having seen what he can do, they may top the other offer if he wants to change. Or offer to let him telecommute part of the time.

Stock up on audiobooks for the drive. It really makes it much nicer. Lots of time to unwind and recharge before you get home.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank you, ladies!

He's already received an email from HR requesting a reply for convenient dates and times next week for an interview! :D

Lothlorien

That's awesome news!! Perhaps, since it's such a long commute, they might let him work from home a few days a week.....especially if they are a company interested in going Green.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ahhhh... we can always hope! Either that, or perhaps he can convince them to pony up a little more $ if they want him that badly...

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm so excited..........if it wasn't raining outside I'd do the nekkid chicken liver dance.....guess I'll have to cross my fingers instead!

Hugs,
Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
SHOW ME (er husband) THE MONEY!!!!!

-SHOW HIM THE MONEY!!

-----come on......SHOW HIM THE MONEY - and a gas card.....
and two days off a week, and a vacation for CHristmas to Cabo.....

trinityroyal

Oooh. How wonderful!
Saying prayers and crossing fingers that it all pans out as it should.

And you're right, no one will criticize your husband if something better/closer comes along later.

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, well he's got his interview with SEVEN (7) people at the company on Tuesday afternoon!!! Three of them are VP's (one of which is his friend). Sounds like he will get the job unless he does something horrible during the interview... Okay, I didn't say that, I take it back! He WILL get the job. He WILL get the job. He WILL get the job. :D

jal

Awesome gcvmom! - I'm saying it with you...He WILL get the job...He WILL get the job...He WILL get the job...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awesome news!! I tell you what...in this day a job is golden. I personally would not like the commute as I don't like to drive, but if he can handle that it's great. Looking for an update!

Abbey