It's Official - It's Week Three - Talk to Me!

LittleDudesMom

:i'mback: I knwo that JJJ posted an update post on Monday, but we've been using Wednesday as out "check-in" day so I wanted to give all of us who started on Tuesday, 1/1 their full three week share!!! ('cause you know that that two extra days can make a difference :sheepish:)

I'm down 1.6 this week which brings my total to 8 pounds so far. easy child stayed exactly the same this week and was really bummed. I told her that she had to look at it as a positive because she didn't go up and she stayed on plan. I told her that she has been exercising and that can make a difference as she's weight training. After coming home for our WW meeting last night, she packed her lunch with healthy stuff for today. She is bound and determiend to get her 5 pound star next week!

Now, about you guys.......

What have you done good for yourself this past week?
Anyone cutting back on the cigs?
Anyone moving their body more?
Anyone try a new food (I'm waiting to hear about Star and the salmon)?
Do you think making healthier choices is becomming easier or is it more challenging as the days go on?

I saw this smiley and thought of this forum so I had to use it :morecrackers:!

Sending you positive vibes for good choices throughout the coming week.

Sharon :cutie_pie:

Sharon,

:jumphappy: I'm so impressed!!! Losing 8 lbs. is lots of hard work!!!:you_go_girl: I agree with you. Your easy child is doing a great job too!!! Exercising and weight training can add muscle - :its_all_good: easy child will get her 5 lb. star soon!!! You and easy child are great examples of what leading a healthy life style is all about... I LOVE the pigging out smiley!!!:D

As I posted Friday, (I couldn't wait till today to post - didn't trust myself not to invade the kitchen otherwise) I've lost 2 lbs. I did go back into the kitchen one night, BUT, didn't do any real damage. I'm totally aware of my emotional eating habits. My goal for this week was not to go back into the kitchen at all. Even though I didn't reach this goal, I still managed to lose 2 lbs. It is getting a bit easier to stay out of the kitchen.

However, things at home have been really tough - Lots of difficult children problems:furious:!!! And, lots of stress has always been my trigger for emotional eating... However, I CAN STAY OUT O F THE KITCHEN AFTER DINNER!!! I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!! And, as Barbara asked me in another post, taking control of my eating habits definitely makes me feel stronger in other areas of my life as well.

And, as I always repeat to myself, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." :flower::hawaii_girl: WFEN

trinityroyal

Sharon, congratulations on the 8 lb weight loss. That's a great accomplishment. And you're right...if your daughter is working out then she's likely building lean muscle tissue which weighs more AND has the added benefit of speeding up your metabolism.:treadmill:

WFEN, way to go on staying out of the kitchen. I think once you're aware of a habit and it's no longer unconscious behaviour, then it's much easier to work toward changing it.

This week, my weight seems to be back under control. No pinching or bulging in any of my "skinny" clothes. So now I am shifting my attention to my overall health. It's no good being slim if I still can't walk up the stairs without gasping. I've started doing pilates again, as well as trying to fit in a walk everywhere I can. For some reason yoga and I don't get along (I once knocked over a whole row of people in a yoga class when I tipped over during the Downward Dog) But pilates works really well. Maybe it's because the movements are so much like dance.

I was making dinner the other day and asked Little easy child whether we should have mixed vegetables or salad. He said, "Salad please Mummy. I like salad better than cake!" I guess making an effort for the whole family to eat healthy is influencing the next generation.

All the best. Great accomplishments so far, everyone. Let's keep up the good work.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
I chased that dang snaggle tooth fish all over the creek until I was outmatched by Grizzleys.

Trip to Alaska for 2 - $2200.00
Fishing Tour - $295.00
Trying to fight a grizzly for a fresh fish - (stupid)

We're still looking for fresh filets.

I'm up to 10 minutes on the Gazelle - it's a workout boy - haha

AND MY BRAG o the week -

DF made brownies and brought me a huge piece WITH coolwhip and a fork - I ate the coolwhip and left the brownie in a the bowl -

(my favorite food in the universe is brownies)

I couldn't believe DF did that - but - I resisted temptation. And I think it MAY have something to do with the fact that he was on Chantix, stopped and started smoking again after 3 months - and I am disappointed in him - so the brownie may have been a ploy. (mwah ha ha )

I want to be thinner MORE than that brownie tastes good.

And I can look him square in the eyes and say "IT DIDN'T WORK"

WW eggrolls are OUT of this world

Yum

GOOD LUCK AND GOOD JOB EVERYONE.

LittleDudesMom

Wishing, :jumphappy:fabulous accomplishment on the two pounds!! I totally agree that getting healthy in one area of our life translates into an overall sense of confidence in others. An idea on the night snacking - how about planning a snack ahead of time (3 carmel popcorn rice cakes {3 pts on WW}, a chocolate tootsie roll pop {1 pt on WW}, 33 good 'n plenty {3 pts on WW}, or a snack size bag of micro popcorn) and set it out on the kitchen counter or out in the family room/den, wherever you spend your evening. Snacking after dinner doesn't have to be a bad thing if you make a good choice about what you are eating. I find that preplanning is the key for me so I don't do this :morecrackers:.

Trinity, the picture of knocking over the row of folks while doing the :cool_dog:in yoga class is a hoot!!!!! No pinching in the clothes is always a good thing! Very sweet that easy child loves salad better than cake. Think he can train me to feel that way :crazy1:?

Star, you paid a lot for that Alaska trip - was it a cruise? Most grocery stores have a fish depart-check there next time you do your shopping. I my filets marinating right now! easy child wanted that for dinner and I bought two filets this weekend and popped them in the freezer. I have not seen those WW egg roles - were they in thre freezer section? I must say, it takes a lot of strength to eat the cool whip and leave the brownie :you_go_girl:.

Sounds like we are working it!!

Sharon

smallworld

Sharon, Way To Go on the 8 pounds! You're well on your way.

WFEN, I agree with Sharon -- maybe find some acceptable snacks for the evenings.

Trinity, I think I'd just stick with pilates.

Having Star join us in the Healthful Living forum -- priceless!

My progress:
No weight loss:sad-very:

Continuing to declutter the house:D

Made Sharon's veggie soup recipe -- yum! And good for you.

That's it for this week. I'm going to work on better food choices in the next week. Does a scone at Starbucks this morning already set me back?

PersonalEnigma

Great job guys! Smallworld - it will come :) I'm afraid my "official" update is that I am up about 5 lb... Oh well - I'm not really upset about it or anything, I know that the last two weeks have been pretty stressful. Hopefully now that difficult child is back to himself things will get easier.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Ok, this getting healthy thing when I keep getting sick just isn't cutting it. Yet again I am down with something. One of these weeks I will get better. I would love to breathe again without the gorrilla that is living on my chest. I did clean the top of my dresser and as I posted in water cooler I am getting a flute. Maybe by the time I get it paid for I will be over whatever the heck keeps taking me down and will be able to play.

BEth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Congrats on the 8 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! easy child will get there too!

WFEN-You're doing great-down two pounds-Way To Go!

Trinity-Sounds like you are doing great! easy child liking salad better than cake-awesome!

Star-Great job on eating the cool whip and not the brownies!

SW-Good for you on decluttering! You can do my house next!

PE-Hoping things destress for you soon!

Beth-I hope you are feeling better soon. I think your getting the flute is awesome!

As for me, I'm struggling this last week. I 've been so hungry and not done a good job of controlling it. I'm doing good at the club but did miss three days this last week but with wrestling tournament, no heat, and wrestling practice for difficult child it was hard. I did go tonight and am hoping I am back on track. Just hoping I can stop the SEE Food diet! See food-eat it! Yikes! Luckily it didn't show on the scale last week but it will if I keep this up. Feeling a bit frustrated.

Sue C

BAD: I've lost my zeal for losing weight. I haven't walked since Friday 'cuz the weather was so cold. I still have not decided whether to quit Curves or make myself get back there. I hate continuing wasting the monthly fees.

GOOD: I'm still NOT eating cereal at bedtime. I'm drinking more water (not what I should but at least more than I was). I did feel energized about cleaning up my office a little, and I got husband's bookkeeping for 2007 DONE TODAY! (husband owns his own business.)

Hopefully, I'll get back on track.
Sue

F

flutterbee

Looks like everyone is on the right track. Good job, everyone!

I haven't really made any big dietary changes. I have slowed way down on the emotional eating the last few days, so that's good. I've been doing the stretching instead of eating and it's helping a lot. Of course, the cats and the dog think they need to be a part of it, too. They make me laugh.

I have noticed that I've been getting frustrated a lot easier than I used to...and over little things. I'm not sure where that's coming from, but I've noticed it and am trying to be proactive rather than reactive. That's a good thing, right?

Now, if one of you ladies could make my mom stop interrupting me on the phone it would really help. I have a hard enough time remembering what I'm talking about and when she interrupts me, it's gone. Then I do get frustrated. She has this really annoying habit of cutting in and trying to finish my sentences. Thing is, she's usually on another page. :rofl:

I'm working on my frustration level and finding some peace - or at least acceptance - with my current physical limitations. That's going a long way with the emotional eating.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sue,

Good for you for getting the bookkeeping done and adding in more water! Don't worry about feeling frustrated about the exercising. You can do it!! Remember-one day at a time with the exercise and healthy eating. There will be good and bad days because it's a lifestyle change not a diet.

SRL

The biggest change I've made is to significantly reduce the amount of grazing, and when I do it's been better choices and/or reduced amounts.

I've lost 2 1/5 pounds and this morning got a pair of jeans zipped that I've been avoiding.

Thanks for having this forum here, and for all who are participating. It has been a help for me to know I have a place to be accountable to.

LittleDudesMom

Heather, are you sure our mom's aren't sisters :wildone:? Mine does the same thing. I actually had to step in last week because she just kept going on and on and on and on and on... you get the idea. So I casually said "Mom, that horse is dead now!" She continue a couple words, then stopped and said, "What?" I said, "You've beat him to bloody pulp, it's time to stop." She changed the subject.

SRL, congrats on your reduced poundage and your jeans :cutie_pie:

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
OKAY EVERYONE - SUE C NEEDS A BIG ROUND OF SUPPORT _

(getting year end bookkeeping done is HUGE) so Way To Go

(not eating cereal before bedtime is HUGER) VERY Way To Go

(drinking more water) Glub, glub proud, glub of glub you

(quitting curves could MAKE you HUGE) so don't stop going

SUE SUE SHES OUR GAL

SOME COME ON TROOPS SUPPORT OUR PAL!!!!!!

GOooooooooooooooooooo SUE

(and everyone else but no one else has said they are considering quitting) and WE NEED YOUR BODY GIRL.......TALK TO US.....

THinner is 12 weeks GUARANTEED