it's one year 2morrow

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by amazeofgrace, Aug 10, 2008.

1. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

it is one year 2morrow since I pitched S2BX out of our life, literally he landed at the foot of the front steps.

it honestly feels like longer, but I am mad at myself that it took me a whole year to finally go forward and start the divorce process. Seeing him get out of one rehab and then go straight to another one, was discouraging, but also a good realty check, nothing has changed, nothing will change, not for the better at least.

Well I am still married and wondering how long this will now take, but i can't go backwards only forwards!

happy Anniversary to me, our "real" anniversary is 8/14 it will be 16 years of wedded blisslessness (is that a word?)

2. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Hey, my wedding Anniversary is today. Happy to share with you!! I am glad you have come to grips with what you need to do. You are a very strong lady.

3. Calgon_Take_Me_Away

Calgon_Take_Me_Away New Member

Congrats on making the one year mark! It takes a lot to move on and realize it's over.

After I left my ex, he would send letters begging the kids & I back and how he would change and blah blah blah. The truth of it was: I was done, I no longer felt love feelings for him, I didn't want to "work it out". I'm sure to him, I was a cold hearted calculated killer. I told myself I left for a reason, why would I go back to that situation? Sure it would have been easy to give up and go back .... but what was I accomplishing? Because I left the state when I left him, I had to wait for residency requirements before I could file for divorce. Once I did, it was roughly 6 months and a done deal. He was remarried and divorced by Dec 2004 .... It took me 6 1/2 yrs of being with husband before we walked down the aisle August 25, 2007.

4. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

AOG,
    You are amazing and have come so far in this year and I know it's been difficult. I'm glad you are doing some taking care of you. Hugs.

5. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

I remember the day you did it! I was so proud of you, and I still am. Wiped Out is right, You have come SO far!

6. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Soooooooooo whot yer tellin' me is there will be NO surprise for me on my birthday? (bummer)

I AM PROUD
    OF YOU GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

As tough as it sounds, it appears that you are happy. That is the most important thing. Happy to you!!

Abbey

8. ML

ML Guest

I hope I can find the strength to make a similar move some day. You go girl!!

9. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your strength and courage! It can only get better from here.