It's over. My dad died.

T

TeDo

I am glad you were there to say good bye and that now he is not suffering from that horrible disease anymore. I am sorry you have lost an important person in your life. Sending hugs and support for you and your family.

Nancy

I'm so sorry Terry. Watching your parent pass on is so so difficult and heartwrenching and brings up so many emotions. I'm glad you and your sister had each other and will be each other's support next week. I understand about changing the diaper. My mom was like that too. They are loosing control and they still have their dignity and they don't like what is happening. It sounds like your family did everything possible to ease his discomfort and bring him peace.

Gentle hugs to you as you go through this grieving time.

Nancy

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Terry, I'm so sorry for your loss. And, very glad that you got to see him. Warm and gentle hugs to you and prayers in this grieving time for your family.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{Terry}}} I'm so happy you were able to be there with him, to surround him with your love and gentle touch - that means so much. You sound like you're at peace as well. Hugs.

lovemysons

Aww Terry,
I am so very sorry for your loss...it's always too soon for our hearts when our dearly loved pass on.

with love and care,
LMS

Tiapet

Old Hand
Terry my condolences to you and your family. It's not too much information. You just never know who is out here who needs this information as well. You know this board is a wealth of information for lots of people for all kinds of things, it's also a very therapeutic place for us too so is what it's here for! ;)

I recall well, though it's now been about 9 years, when my grandmother passed. I first saw her in the hospital as her kidney and liver were shutting down and then about a week later when she was allowed to go home with hospice. She died within hours after I saw her at the home she was in (my uncles). We had an extremely strong connection and somehow it was "me" she needed permission from to tell her it was ok to let go now. I hadn't realized it at the time. Why me, I do not know. I will forever recall the things you have just spoken off. I was not prepared for it and no one told me these things even though my mother had been staying there with her and had been given all this information by the hospice people. Like you, I do not regret going at all as hard as it was to see her like that after so many years of wonderful happy memories.

I'm sure that you realize he is now at peace and lived a very long eventful life, as did my grandmother of her 89 years (immigrant from Scotland at 4 years old). Big hugs for you and may the next few weeks bring you peace.

TerryJ2

Thank you all. The support really helps.
I know that so many of you have been through this, with-parents and grandparents.

Now I have to decide whether to tell P, and if so, when. Because she'll want to fly to MN with-me and I just can't handle it. Maybe I'll start another thread for that.
Sigh.

DDD

It sounds like your family has the closure that all families hope for. Your Dad was a lucky man to be surrounded by so much love. Hugs. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
What a blessing to be surrounded by loved ones when he passed. It was a precious gift you gave him, Terry. I hope you take some consolation in that. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,
Suz

S

Signorina

Terry, I am so sorry for your loss. I send you love & prayers across the web...