It's Saturday-Good Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All!

I'm up early for work although I have been up on and off all night. difficult child is having a sleepover with a boy from my class (they were friends from difficult child's school). I'm not sure what time they fell asleep because I went to bed early and husband was up. I do know they have been awake since 3:30. difficult child keeps running into our room to ask us questions. At least the boys are having fun and getting along. Looks to be a long day though if difficult child doesn't somehow fall asleep for a nap.

After work I plan on watching the Michigan game :fan: and then getting in a nap :sleeping: After that I'll head to the health club :treadmill: :smile:

At some point this weekend I need to dress shop for my niece's wedding in two weeks.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day :pet:

K

Kjs

Good Morning

Sharon - I don't know where you find the energy to go to the health club every day! Weddings are so much fun. Ran out of nieces and nephews to get married!

After work today my wonderful neighbor is meeting me near my work (20 miles from home) with his van. I purchased a new king size bed from the want ads here at work. Well..almost new, a year old. Our bed is 17 years old and has the sunken in spots where we sleep. Have rotated, flipped and now have a feather bed covering it, plus plywood between mattress and box springs. Can't wait to sleep on a nice firm new bed. Very cheap too!

Am afraid to look what has collected under our bed since the little dog seems to like to sleep under it. I am sure there is plenty of dog hair under there.

difficult child's headache has not gone away, but is managable. Neuologist never called me back. Left two messages.

Have a good day!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning

Sharon sounds like difficult child is having a fun night. Hope you get everything done and your nap in.

I have a class to become a CPR First Aid instructor today. So I go to work for my couple of hours and then off to my class the rest of the day. While I am in class I won't be taking phone calls so if nothing else it should be a peaceful day.

Morning to all that follow.

Beth

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get online, but easy child is tired and heading for bed, let me use her computer. BF1 has his own computer further along the desk, he will probably be in here typing for hours yet. Typical IT nerd - lives on a keyboard, types away into the small hours.

Sharon, there's something about boys pre-teen, they seem to need no sleep. In a few years' time he'll be up really late and then you won't be able to wake him until late morning, if then.

Kjs, I hope you enjoy your new bed. The anticipation of finally getting a good night's sleep - wonderful. I hope the reality matches the dream.

Well, here we are in Canberra, the national capital of Australia. We're having a very international time, without really trying. We realised as we were leaving the restaurant tonight - last night we ate takeaway Turkish, today we looked at tulips (the Netherlands connection) and I'm tulipped out. Tonight we went to a soccer club (very English) and had Chinese yum cha, surrounded by kids in Croatian national dress, ready to perform elsewhere in the club. Then we drove past a lot of embassies on the way back to easy child & BF1's place.

The Floriade today was absolutely wonderful. I walked around it although I should have hired a scooter - I wish I'd noticed that they were available too. I didn't want to use a wheelchair, it means someone else is pushing. So I walked - and loved it, although I will be very sore and stiff for the next week.

The flowers - they just go on and on. Amazing blends of colour and texture. Yesterday we managed to see one floral display in Bowral as part of their tulip festival, although it was very windy. We handed difficult child 3 one of the cameras and told him to go have fun. I haven't seen his photos yet, but husband said he took 60 photos, in an hour. Don't know how many he took today.

I had hoped to go to the Botanic Gardens tomorrow but I don't think my legs can cope - it's on a slope, the paths wind up a hill. A lovely place, easy child & BF1 haven't been there yet even though they live here. They only do the tourist stuff when we visit. This is a beautiful city, it seems odd to find it here stuck out in the country like this. Most cities grow from their surroundings - not Canberra. They made a political decision over 100 years ago, found a convenient paddock midway between the two major eastern cities, and said, "Here we build our national capital."
The sunsets here are glorious - no light pollution to the west, plus the strong winds at the moment are picking up what's left of the farmers' topsoil and it scatters the light as the sun sets.

If ever you come to Australia, allow at least two days for Canberra; more, if you can get here for Floriade.

I hope your Saturday is as much fun as ours has been.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
Sharon- I dread starting sleepovers. :smile: Duckie is a bear without enough sleep. Have fun dress shopping!
Kjs- Enjoy the new bed! It's gotten a lot easier to clean under the bed since the wall-to-wall carpeting is gone: now I just roll the bed to clean under it. :thumb:
Beth- I'd love to find the time to get re-certified in first aid/cpr again. Maybe you could instruct a class of Warrior Moms, lol!?! :nurse:
Marg- Canberra sounds lovely. I hope you bounce back from the exertion quickly. :treadmill:
Well. poor little Duckie is already pretty done in with no relief in sight. Yesterday was Spirit Day at school, so she and her squad mates wore their uniforms, they were very excited. Then they performed during halftime at the high school homecoming game. :fan: She was devastated that she didn't stick her thigh mount during the routine. She slipped going up, so her mount group didn't have her up as quickly as the other groups. She said two of the girls don't get along and were distracted, so she couldn't get a good mount. Poor kid, she feels like she let the squad down :(, despite husband, mine and coach's assurances that we felt she did a great job.
I have altar guild twice today: once for an evening service and then I go back this evening to set up for tomorrow's services. Duckie has a 3pm game in between. Then I have two Sunday School classes tomorrow, before taking Duckie to see High School Musical on stage with some friends. She has no clue that we're going, so this should be fun! :lipstick:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :its_all_good:

LittleDudesMom

:its_all_good: Good Saturday Morning!!!

Sharon, I tell you, I never had to stay up all night when easy child had sleepovers - boys are different though - the last time difficult child had one I swore it would be a cold day in...... well, you get the point :surprise: Enjoy the game and the nap!

Kjs, hope you sleep like a baby on your new mattress tonight :sleeping:

MrsCat, enjoy your peaceful no-on-can-contact-you day :sword:

Marg, glad you had a wonderful day in Canberra. Sorry you can't take in the Botanical Gardens though. Enjoy the rest of your holiday :flower:

TM, sounds like another busy day in your house! difficult child asked easy child this week if she wanted to go see High School Musical on Ice? I was kinda shocked! She wants to take him - I hope you girls have fun at the show this evening :lipstick:

Liz has invited her boyfriend over this evening to play Life with us (can you say "influenced by difficult child") and have dinner. I'll be making homemade Italian sausage lasagna, tossed salad, and garlic bread. Then we are all going to watch "300".

Needless to say I will be making dinner this morning. I got so much done yesterday, although I never made it to get my nails done. I also got the laundry done. So, the groceries are bought, the house is clean, the laundry is done. I am going to take advantage of my easy Saturday!

I wish everyone a relaxing and calm Saturday :thumb:

Sharon......