It's Week Six, what did you Fix??

LittleDudesMom

:winks: Ok, I know the rhyme is lame, but I just couldn't think of something to rhyme with six!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I told you about the Fritos the other day. I've had an ok week, but it just didn't feel as good as the previous five! easy child and her friend both expected a gain since neither has been writing in their food journal since Valentine's Day.

So they made me go first on the scale. Thank goodness WW weights by tenths :tongue:!!!!! I was down .2 pounds making my six week total 16.4. difficult child was up .4 and her friend was up 2 pounds.

So easy child and I are going to work really hard this week. If I could do 3.6 I can hit 20!! My first goal is 25 pounds. I wanted to be there by March. We'll see.......

What about you guys? What did you do better this week? Have you learned anything about yourself over the past six weeks?

Share......:D

Sharon

This wasn't a great week for me. I ended up back in the kitchen after my planned evening snacks three times... I even knew I was sabotaging my efforts but still did it.:sad-very: The only positive thing about this is that I stopped myself from doing too much damage. I didn't gain any weight.

I really don't know why I refuse to stop sabotaging my efforts at maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I continue to fall back on my old negative habit of emotional eating when life at home is rough.:sad-very:

On a more positive note, I've been really good about exercising. I've been varying my aerobic work-outs to keep from getting too bored. I'm looking forward to nicer weather so I can jog/run outside. My resistance bands finally arrived in the mail yesterday. If I have time, I'm going to open the package and at least read the exercise instructions that came with them. Hopefully, they're simple, lol!!!

Sharon, Don't be too hard on yourself!!! 16.4 lbs. is a MAJOR accomplishment!!! :woohoo::dance: I'm proud of the way you're going to work really hard this week. Remember, a healthy lifestyle is a life long thing - It's what you do most of the time that matters. I know you WILL lose another 3.6 lbs. soon!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!:yourock: WFEN

Sue C

What did I fix????? NOTHING. :(

We went to visit my nephew's new baby girl in the hospital last night. My sister emailed me a photo of me holding the baby this morning. My face looks so FAT in the photo. I nearly cried. (OK, I'm exaggerating, but I was so disappointed to see that fat face staring at me in the photo.)

Just this morning husband had asked why we have not been walking. Well, let's see. Either we're getting a ton of snow or the wind chill is below zero!!!! :(

Still have not gone back to Curves. Still paying for it every month. Not feeling quite myself for several days now. I am going through menopause and I think it's hormones.

I have felt like screaming for no reason for about the past 4 days. Melissa is being very good and husband is fine, so what the heck is wrong with me????? :(

sue :(

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Uh huh. Hi my name is Beth and I am a self sabotager. If it didn't eat me first I think I ate it.

husband asked if I was till planning on getting the tread mill for taxmas and I said I didn't know why. He says he would use it too. Hmmmmmm. Not sure what to make of that.

So on to another week of disappointment.

Beth

smallworld

Sharon, wow -- you are doing great. Keep going.

WFEN, great news about all the exercising you're doing. The eating will come.

Sue, maybe it's just February doldrums. I always feel a little blue in February. Spring is just around the corner . . .

Beth, I hope you re-resolve to get that treadmill. It will do you a world of good.

Truth be told, I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either (I only need to lose 6 pounds, and it's hard at the end). On Monday, I went for a long walk with a friend who I haven't seen in a while. We both have difficult children who started high school this year so it was good to compare notes. We went up and down a lot of hills in our neighborhood, and I sure felt it the next day. It actually felt good so I'm going to have to fit walking into my routine, especially when the weather gets warmer.

Good attitudes, everyone. You can do it.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Good for you. As I always tell the people I'm weighing, down is down! You are doing great and will hit that 20 pound mark soon!

WFEN-Great job on the continued exercising! I totally understand about falling back on old habits when things are tough.

Sue-I hear you about it being too snowy, cold, slippery to do any walking in Wisconsin right now! Just a thought but what about trying a low impact exercise video?

Beth-I too am a self sabotager! I think the treadmill is a great idea!

SW-Good job on incorporating the walking!

I had a really rough week with eating and exercising. When I weighed in a Saturday I was up .6 of a pound which isn't much but put me up into a higher decade:sad-very: Also I took three days off this past week from exercising. Sunday we had a snow/ice storm, Monday I was too tired (weak excuse), and Tuesday it was frigid (still a weak excuse). The not exercising is definitely not like me but things have been stressful at home so that could be part of it. I'm also eating way too much in the lounge at work!

I will get back on track and soon! I did go to the club today!

LittleDudesMom

Sue, you just answered your own question - hormones!!! It's easy, as we go through this change in our lives, to get stuck in a blue period. I know if you got those endorphines flowing you would feel so much better! :jumphappy:See how happy he is when he's doing his jumping jacks????!!!

Beth, join the ss club! I would get that :treadmill:. If husband is willing to participate, you guys will have something to work on together!

Small, I actually love to walk outside. I really enjoy just looking and taking it all in! I can't do a whole lot of walking yet, but I'll get there!

Sharon, I thought it was very unlike you to go three days without :exercisebike:! Do you and husband have any equipment at the house? That might be a good investment, if you don't. With the kind of weather you have been having this winter and the choas difficult child can create, it would probably be really theraputic for you to go down to the basement and hop on the treadmill or something. Just a thought.....

We can't change what we don't acknowledge is broke or bad. I'm glad we have this place to be honest.

Have a good week.

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
Beth - Taxmas??? OMG hillarious - thanks for the chuckle

I've stuck pretty close to what I've been doing -

Dove chocolate hearts on sale for $1.49 a bag should be a sin...I have no willpower.

Burgerking for lunch one day - but I had water and onion rings - (like how I try to justify that?)

Brag of the week: I tried WW chicken quesillidas - and could have played dumb that the calories on the front of the package were for (2) = but I stuck to it and checked and it was ONE serving - so I only had one -

I started taking B complex too - maybe I'll have more energy.

Congratulations to everyone else.

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

It's so hard to stay motivated in February, isn't it? The weather is yucky and it's too darn cold to go outside without the parka and snowpants and mukluks and....well, you get the idea.

I had a pretty good week. I am continuing to focus on overall well-being and exercise. I registered for a ballroom dance class, and my first class was on Saturday. husband went with me to watch. It was an introductory survey, and I was allowed to choose which dances I wanted to try. I couldn't decide, so I checked every box on the form. I rumba-ed, salsa-ed, did the jive, merengue-ed and even cha-cha-ed. It was such a blast, and it didn't even feel like exercise. Mind you, I was...erm...glowing like a pig by the end of the class. Next class, I can start focusing on a specific dance. I think I will do the salsa, or perhaps jive. Something high energy.

It's been about 18 years since I taught a dance class, and about 10 years since I took one. I feel great!

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
Trinity, how cool about the dance class. I am so uncomfortable dancing but I would love to be able to do some of the steps.

Week 6 is going well. So far! One day at a time and one success at a time. After a weekend of family, I got right back on the better eating program. I continue to walk on trails in the woods almost daily. The colder it is the faster I walk. LOL. I really do wish I could carve out uninterrupted time to exercise more.
Next week I am going on my first cruise ever. The goal is to maintain where I am and not gain. I am really hoping to not hang out around all the food. I plan to get a lot of exercise since I'm not much of a shopper. I figure if I have a plan, then I can't say I wasn't prepared. I figure I can forgive myself some extra calories as long as they are in small quantities and not an all day feed fest.

I'm pleased with my progress so far. My "big" pants are loose and my medium pants fit better. Not loose but better.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Star-Better onion rings with water than a super-sized soda!!

Trinity-Good for you doing the dances!!

Fran-Good for you getting back on track with the eating. Gotta love it when pants are fitting loose and the smaller ones better! I completely understand the walking faster when it's colder. How fun that you are going on a cruise! Enjoy!

Well I see that I am not the only one struggling. Kudos to those of yo who are sticking to it! My fellow strugglers, you have my sympathies.

I just don't feel full. Now, I have made some changes, in that the majority of my eating has been much healthier, but I am still packing in the calories.

And while I backed off on the pop, and tried to drink more water, I started missing the caffeine, so I began to drink coffee in the mornings again (nothing like i used to, but still) and guess what that triggered? Cravings for cigarettes. it used to go together.

And I slipped :( . I smoked. It made me sick, and I stopped, but I am going CRAZY.