It's Week Ten .......

LittleDudesMom

For the life of me I couldn't figure out a rhyme for that one!!! I sat and sat, perhaps my brain is fried (oh wait, I'm not supposed to say that "f" word here am I?) since I've already been up for five hours :holymoly:!!!

My WW update from last night was up .5 :surprise:. My leader was very encouraging as I expressed my displeasure. I told her I was really optimistic since I've been adding 4 days of cardio and weights to my weight loss routine. She said that when you first begin to exercise, especially if it's new to you (uhh, yeah - it's not something I enjoy doing but it's something I know I have to do - hopefully the joy will come when I can really get in there and enjoy some classes) this is often the result. Your body is making the adjustment. So, I keep at it because I can really tell a difference in my body and my clothes.

I've had to snap my bras on the last closure rather than the first! And my uhh, mmmm, well....my panties are sliding down a little :invisible:. So I know it's working well and maybe things are kinda moving around!!! I had them measure me at the gym last Monday a week, so I'll be curious to see how those have changed in a couple weeks.

easy child did great! She was down 1.6. That elusive 10 pound mark is just a few ounces away for her!

So, how is everyone doing? Hope Barbara has continued her progress on quitting smoking. Hope Star, even though I know her goldies were traumatized that other evening, is making some good new recipes!!!

Let's hear from everyone - what have your stumbles and detours been? What are you proud of doing? Did you try something new this week?

We are all ears :teethy:.

Sharon

trinityroyal

Way To Go Sharon! Sounds like your healthy eating and working out are really paying off. It's very common for weight to go up when you start doing a "load bearing" workout, as you increase muscle mass. I think the real test is how you look, and more importantly, how you feel.

I am officially a Dancin' Fool!
I have been moved up to the intermediate level in my dance classes, so things are getting a lot more challenging. I'm happy to say that I didn't fall on my @ss this week, but I kept getting my instructor's arm wrapped around my neck in a stranglehold during a twirl-and-back-and-over-and-under sort of move. Little easy child (also a Dancin' Fool) and I watched Beach Blanket Bingo together last weekend, and we danced around the TV room the whole time, while singing the songs.
husband is making great progress too, and we went for a long walk on Monday. Unfortunately, we were walking in the mall, and my favourite clothing store reached out and grabbed me as we were walking by. I was pleasantly surprised by the numbers I was seeing on the clothing tags as I proceeded to renovate my wardrobe. Great positive reinforcement.

The one unexpected bad thing, with the loss in wight and size, my formerly perky ta-tas have started to head south, so I think I'm going to start wearing more sturdy "foundation garments" to keep them in check.

All in all a good week.

Hope everything's going well for all of you, and I second Star's call for us to make sure we're all supporting each other in this quest.

Yay!

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Being up a bit as you've heard really isn't uncommon. Adding weights will really help in your fitness journey. I've been doing weights about a year now and can really tell the difference! You are doing a fantastic job:musicdance: Congrats to easy child on being near that 10 pound mark!!:congrats:

Trinity-It's great your whole family is doing so well!!!:its_all_good:

I was up 1.6 pounds last week (over a two week period). I was actually happy it wasn't worse! With difficult child in the hospital and visiting hours so late we hadn't been doing well at the healthy eating. However, last week I finally made it back to the club 5 days. I have missed the last two days but plan on being back at it the next two days!

The interesting news is even though I put on that weight my jeans have been sliding down-I have to keep pulling them up!

trinityroyal

Sharon, it sounds to me as though you've been losing fat and building lean muscle mass. Muscle weighs a lot more, but takes up much less space. Sometimes the numbers on the scale are a bit misleading. Not all gains are bad.

Way to go!

scent of cedar

Not so bad, really.

This has been a rough time emotionally. There were two nights that I smoked. Every morning though, I have put the nicotine patch back on.

So, if I can get through the rest of this week without smoking again, next week should be easier still.

One of the things I learned this week?

Is that the lump discovered during my last doctor's visit was not you-know-what after all.

I had myself pretty much convinced that I had you-know-what which had metastasized to my lungs (and that it wasn't asthma that was causing my breathing difficulties after all) and blah, blah, blah....

So it was pretty easy to justify smoking just one or two.

:)

But I seem to be back on track now.

Barbara

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's week TEN DO YOU LOVE YOURSELF AGAIN?

It's week Ten DO YOU HAVE THE ATTENTION OF MEN?

It's week Ten - LETS reCOMMIT TO DOING IT AGAIN

It's week Ten - ARE YOU FEELING REALLY ZEN?

It's week Ten - YOUR GOING TO START THIS WHEN?

It's week Ten - Is your Rat named Ben?

It's week Ten - YOUR ON THE TREADMILL HE'S IN THE DEN

It's week Ten - YOUR A LITTLE CHICKY NOT A LITTLE HEN

It's week Ten - ARE YOU AS THIN AS A PEN?

It's week Ten - ARE YOU SHINY LIKE JAPANESE YEN?

I just don't know -maybe the chicky one.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sharon - I am so proud of you and daughter. ounces away from 10 lbs loss? THAT is AWESOME. BRAVO -

Wiped out - YOUR PANTS ARE FALLING OFF??? SUPER JOB!!!! I wish I had your commitment to the gym. I think I'm going to join one - 20 dn/20 a month.

Trinity - Now our resident dancing fool? Oh how fun. My Mom competes in USABDA and other ballroom dances. She's 71 and really can move - I am glad to hear you have found a way to exercise that you like -

SOS - GOLDEN STAR AWARD - I mean it only 2 cigs and still using the patches? Go get yourself some licorice root at the health food store - it completes the hand to mouth habit while you wean off the nicotine and tastes a little like a cigarette filter in your mouth.

And me?

I'm not doing so good - I have no idea why but all of a sudden I have puffed up like a basketball. I look like I'm pregnant. I feel awful. I was feeling pretty good - but I'm so drained I can't hardly force myself to move. Maybe it's time for some blood work - signing up for insurance this week so maybe sometime in a couple weeks to see what is up? I am full of water too....still drinking a ton - but mylegs and everything is swollen. Even my neck. I think I am allergic to myself.

I have no brag this week - Nothing is falling off - everything is tight. I would be afraid to get on a scale....i know it's water weight - but I'm talking like 20 lbs. Just weird.

Maybe going to join a gym - we just live so far from everything...blarg.

trinityroyal

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} Star,

I feel your pain. Retaining water is draining and frustrating, and I know it makes me feel very irritable, almost as though the extra pressure is liable to pop a valve or something. I remember after a course of IV saline once, I had so much water retention that my ankles sloshed whenever I took a step. It was miserable.

I'm sorry that you're having a rough time of it lately (I was ready to strangle the Wal-Mart lady on your behalf during the Great Bra Incident), but I'm glad to hear that you're planning on having some blood work done.

I hope that you can figure out what ails you soon, so that you can get back on track.
In the meantime, sending hugs, prayers and happy thoughts, and getting out the pink fuzzy board blanket so that you can have a cuddle.

Feel better,
Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
The great bra incident indeed - Someone called it my goldens - I though - as in Retriever? Like Puppies? LOL

I have metabolic syndrom x & pre-diabetes, and a bunch of other crossover things - so I wonder sometimes if the help for one hurts the other. I just know until a few years ago I was 5'8", and 135 lbs and smokin hot and then BLAMO it was seriously less than 5 months I went from 135 - 280. I gained a whole person before SOMEONE listened to me. I took my dated picture to the endo and THAT is the ONLY thing that made them dig deeper. - I don't know if there is a chance that I will EVER loose the weight I want - I'm down to 220-240 depending on the sloshing. Or is that slooshing? haha.

Trying to maintain a positive attitude when you are hauling around another person is a challenge for sure. I even had to bring bedroom slippers (pink ballet isotoners) to work as my feet keep swelling. I could take the ribbing from wearing slippers - but my feet look like hippo toes.

Sigh - someday - lol:sheepish:

LittleDudesMom

Ok Star, I should have known you would come up with some ryhmes for me. My favorite "It's week Ten - YOUR A LITTLE CHICKY NOT A LITTLE HEN". Next time I'm facing a block, I'll rip you a pm!

Sorry about all that water weight. I have an issue with it as well, family genetics thing with me. I find that drinking more water helps me purge more water and therefore hold less water in my tissues (not kleenex).

I must have missed the post about the bra incident at WalMart. Wished I had been there....

Sharon

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
So here's the dilemia: If I weighed myself when I started with my clothes and shoes on than I have lost nothing. But if it was without shoes, then I lost 2 lbs-that's possible. I weighed myself first thing in the am, completely naked than I've lost 5 lbs, probably not so likely in 1 1/2 week. So at least now I have a clear start weight I guess.

On the plus side, I'm a bit less winded when I climb the stairs to my third floor office. Still breathing hard but getting better. I have sworn off the elevater!

Star-you sound like my step mom...I'm sorry you are retaining fluids, I know that can be very annoying!

Good for you Sharon and Trinity!

Barbara, I know the quitting smoking is so hard. The only thing that got me through the really tough times is difficult child. I quite when she said "mama I don't want you to die" and I rarely smoked in front of her, never in the car or the house. And I realized, I'm not ready to die. Who will take care of my little Abbey if I get "you-know-what"? The guilt of that is what keeps me going. Hang in there! The physical cravings get easier after 2 weeks of No nicotine, the emotional take longer.

Michelle

How about the BAD news first??? I still haven't taken the resistance bands out of the box!!! They must be collecting dust by now... I've decided not to mention them again until I actually use them. It's one of those things - I know I should do some strength training BUT I'm just not emotionally ready yet... I don't feel guilty enough to do anything about it right now...

The good news is that I've been jogging/running 7days/week. I think this has helped me emotionally. in my humble opinion, there definitely is a MAJOR connection between moods and physical activity!!! Also, I called the company where I purchased my elliptical trainer and got them to order parts to repair my other "favorite sanity saver" FREE OF CHARGE!!!:yes::happyguy: The warranty had expired but the parts that broke are parts that had to be replaced under the warranty a little less than a year ago. Unfortunately, I still have to pay for the service charge:money: However, I think my sanity is worth it!!!

More good news... I've been taking care of myself more. I've been doing things just for ME and this has helped too. I now know that it really isn't selfish to take time for myself. I've found that GsFGs' negative impact on my life is just a tiny bit smaller... Don't get me wrong - All of the stress from raising difficult children is still here - It's just that I don't dwell on it as much. As others have said so many times before, although we can't stop our difficult children from creating chaos, we have the power to change our reactions to the chaos difficult children create. This advice has helped me tremendously.

Also, even though I've been concentrating on finding myself rather than on weight loss, I haven't gained any weight. I've been eating healthy foods and concentrating on making sure I eat lots of fruits and veggies daily. I've also allowed myself a bit of "junk" food every now and then... I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!

Well, I guess I've been rambling long enough... To those of you who are doing well, KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!!! I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU!!! And, for those of you who are struggling, REMEMBER, today is a new day...YOU CAN DO IT!!! And, for those of you who have health issues, PLEASE see a doctor and get HEALTHY ASAP!!! Actually, I'm proud of all of us - Leading a healthy lifestyle takes lots of determination and hard work!!! What an understatement!!! WFEN

P.S. Well, as I always say, things are always subject to change... Friday, the back of my right leg, just above my ankle felt a bit sore - I thought I pulled something but chose to ignore it because it seemed so minor. I went to do some shopping at my local discount warehouse and other errands. By Friday evening, my ankle was very swollen. To make a long story short, I spent most of Saturday at a walk - in clinic, waiting to be seen. Once a physician finally saw me, I had xrays taken. Luckily, it isn't serious - Just a minor sprain. However, I'm going to have to take it easy for awhile - I'm having a hard time adjusting to the fact that I can't jog/run this week. I'll try to take a bit of extra "me" time whenever husband is home... I hope I'm still SANE by the end of the week, lol!!!

scent of cedar

SOS - GOLDEN STAR AWARD - I mean it only 2 cigs and still using the patches? Go get yourself some licorice root at the health food store - it completes the hand to mouth habit while you wean off the nicotine and tastes a little like a cigarette filter in your mouth.

:)

Barbara