I've decided

F

flutterbee

that I don't want to grow up. Being a grown up is not all it's cracked up to be.

I want someone else to make all the decisions and make all the phone calls and pay the bills and everything else.

It's not just my kids these days. Besides what I've learned difficult child is going through, difficult child 2 has re-entered my life and while he isn't my responsibility, he is my worry. He's as much a child of mine as my biological children. And his dad is a tool and is really proving it. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone tonight with easy child's girlfriend because she's really struggling. Understandable given her home life. She'll be moving in when she turns 18 in September. easy child might graduate this year. I'm afraid to spend the money on ordering the graduation cap and gown, cause I don't know if it's going to happen.

I don't want to be a teeanger or anything. I want to be 5, when you're only worry was making it inside before dark. Days were spent riding bikes and playing baseball or kickball in the backyard without enough players, so there was "Ghost" on first, "Ghost" on second. And tackle football. And hot wheels cars. And the one doll that I liked that I carried around by her hair. And tether ball. And catching fireflies. Ooooohhhh...and Big Wheels. The real ones, not the safety-featured to death ones like they have now. The one were you could pull the brake and spin really fast.

And someone helps you wash your hair. So, you don't have to worry about not having the strength to raise your arms long enough to wash your hair and you don't have your daughter make funny faces when you ask if she could help. Understandable, but I was desperate. She probably would have if I had pressed, but she was obviously very uncomfortable with the idea.

I can't get that song out of my head: "I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us Kid....."

susiestar

Roll With It
Flutterbee,

You are welcome to come out here for a week or so and be 5. I guarantee NO ONE will look at you funny if you need help washing your hair. (Jess and I each have times we need help, so we help each other as needed. It will be no biggie to wash your hair too!)

No chores, fireflies depend on the weather, and we can find things to keep you entertained. I even have a 5yo niece you can play with!

It is hard when we see adults being problems for kids we love. i am glad that you care enough about easy child's girlfriend to give her a safe place to live when she turns 18.

ALL the kids in your life are lucky to have you!!