I've found the secret

Lothlorien

to the moistest meatballs ever!

I made pumpkin pancakes this morning (Bisquick, eggs, canned pumkin and Milk) with fresh whipped cream and pecans. Kids (and mom) loved them.

Now, I had leftover pumpkin and always trying to figure a way of squeezing extra veggies in my kids, I decided to put a couple of heaping spoonfuls into the meatball mix. My oh my...can't taste the pumpkin at all and they are soooooo moist.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I am normally pretty open to suggestion but this one I am not so sure about. Sounds like it might be a little scary. Not that I doubt you.

My question is what in the world made you think to do this????

Beth

Lothlorien

leftover pumpkin.

I love to cook. Trust me...you don't even taste it. I haven't been able to stop eating them. I make little ones to put in escarole soup.

Lothlorien

Escarole is a lettuce, but it's bitter, so we cook it in soup to get the bitterness out. Ever had Italian Wedding soup? Most likely it's in there. I use garlic, onions, meatballs, escarole and small white beans (I don't like cannellini, because they are kind of dry...the small white ones are better). If you want macaroni, cook it separately and then cool. When you are ready, put the macaroni in the bottom of the bowl and then pour the hot soup over.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
See I either use fresh spinach or parsley in Italian Wedding soup. I might try your way though. I also use sausage meatballs instead of regular ones. The things I learn here.

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The Escarole soup I make is Chicken Escarole. It has a chicken broth and there is egg whites beaten in, the escarole, chunks of chicken, bits of rice, and it is lite and yummy!

Loth, I use pumpkin in lots of soups and stews as it is an excellent thickener.

busywend

I know my mom used to make a cake with pumpkin, I think it was a recipe she got a Weight Watchers. Some low fat cake - or maybe it was brownies.

I believe they were moist! I love the pumpkin muffin because it is so moist.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and there is egg whites beaten in</div></div>
I was wondering if anyone made their wedding soup with strachitella-s/p?(egg whites and parmesan cheese). My mom makes it by hand.
I don't make it but I sure love eating it.

Know what, Loth?

I actually did that a couple years ago to a meatloaf. I had made a pumpkin dip or something and had some leftover pumpkin. And subsequently was making a meatloaf and added too much breadcrumbs. I said what the heck and added the pumpkin.

It moistened it up beautifully! Nobody knew...

Lothlorien

Just a word of caution, if you are inclined to try Escarole Soup.....don't try Progresso. I think it's just nasty. I like most Progresso soups, but their escarole soup is nothing compared to doing it the right way and making it. No comparison.

ma2sevn

I bet you guys already have heard of Jerry Seinfelds wife's new book....I think it is called Deceptivly Delicious...or something like that. Anyway I saw her on Oprah talking about putting veggie purees in all sorts of dishes to squeeze in extra veggies in her kids foods. She had brocoli in brownies I think....and grade school kids couldnt tell a difference, so pumpkin in meatbalss sounds totally do-able to me.

bby31288

Are you talking about pumpkin in a can? Like for pumpkin pie mix? Just curious. I would love to try it, but I am a little confused. :hammer:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fran</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> and there is egg whites beaten in</div></div>
I was wondering if anyone made their wedding soup with strachitella-s/p?(egg whites and parmesan cheese). My mom makes it by hand.
I don't make it but I sure love eating it. </div></div>

Yes! I've made this. My exh and I once went to this little hidden away Italian restaurant and we had this Stratiacelli (sp?) soup so I tried to copy it at home several times till I got it right. It is yummy.