I've got my Christmas Spirit back...

tiredmommy

A little perspective can go a long way. I've been quite harried and struggling to keep my attitude right. There's just been too much to do this year.

So I've been trying to get Duckie to part with her kitchen playset for awhile and she finally agreed this last week. We decided to post a free ad on craigslist because Duckie feels we've been very fortunate with so many people losing jobs and all.

We received several responses, so I contacted the first responder. She emailed back saying that her mother in law decided to buy one for her kids. So I contacted the next person.

She was ecstatic! This single mom piled her four children into their older van and drove about 35 miles in bad weather so her youngest (two and four years old) would have something for Christmas. I was baking last night so I sent them on their way with fresh cookies.

She emailed me later that night thanking me again.

I don't think she realizes what she has given my family. :crying:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Aww Tm, I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. What a wonderful thing for your family and hers. I really need to work more at getting easy child into the spirit of giving. Surprisingly, difficult child really likes to give.

tiredmommy

Sharon- I think many of our difficult children are aware of others needs because they are growing up with so many issues themselves. Most of our kids, I believe, are probably more generous than the typical easy child.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Opening your heart to give is really what it's all about. It does end up doing more for the giver than the taker. Living that truth is life altering. It's also not just about stuff. Giving of oneself because you can opens up a world of possibilities.
Good for you for feeling better.
It becomes a part of who you are everyday of the year.